Amazon’s World-Wide Sustainability Team is looking for a Data Engineer to build sustainable experiences for customers at Amazon speed and scale. As the world’s most customer-centric company, with customers including consumers, sellers, manufactures, regulatory agencies, and shippers world-wide, Amazon has the combination of opportunity, passion, and resources to build the next generation of industry-leading solutions using a wide range of data-driven and intelligent technological and business capabilities.
As a Senior Data Engineer you will work with a team of highly skilled software, data, and test engineers to invent, , and build highly stable and performant software. You will work with your internal customers to balance customer requirements with team requirements and help your team and business evolve. You will collaborate with leaders of partner teams developing our social responsibility and product compliance systems. A successful candidate will thrive in and help lead fast-paced environments that leverage agile planning techniques, encourage and reward creative , and find innovative ways to leverage cutting edge technology. And of course, a demonstrated passion for sustainability doesn’t hurt!
· Bachelor’s degree in , related field, or equivalent work experience
· 5+ years of industry experience in software development, data engineering, business intelligence, data , or related field with a track record of manipulating, processing, and extracting value from large datasets
· Proficient in R, or any other language for statistical computing
· Self-driven with ability to deliver on ambiguous projects with incomplete or unstructured data.
· Knowledge of professional software engineering practices and best practices for the full software development life cycle (SDLC), including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
· Experience using big data technologies (Hadoop, Hive, Hbase, Spark, EMR, etc.)
· Knowledge of data management fundamentals and data storage principles
· Knowledge of distributed systems as it pertains to data storage and computing
· Hands-on experience and advanced knowledge of SQL
· Able to work in a diverse team
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a proven ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences
· Experience developing and delivering on large-scale, cross-functional technical programs in support of business goals
· Demonstrated focus on continuous improvement of systems, software, and processes through data analysis and metrics
· Experience architecting a solution on top of Amazon Web Services (AWS)
· Experience influencing software engineering best practices within your team, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
· Experience mentoring junior software engineers to improve their skills, and making them more effective software engineers
· Experienced driving ambiguous problem areas in existing or new software initiatives
Our inclusive culture empowers Amazonians to deliver the best results for our customers. We not only celebrate the diversity of our workforce, we celebrate the diverse ways we work. If you have a disability and need an accommodation, such as an ASL interpreter or a different interview format, let us know.
Applying for a customer service or fulfillment center job and need an accommodation? Contact us through the Amazon Delivers Contact Us webpage.
Applying for a job outside of customer service, delivery or fulfillment and need an accommodation? Call us at 866-437-9078. Please provide your full name, the best way to reach you, and the accommodation needed.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.View More
More jobs from our partners (111)
Wells FargoQuantitative Analytics Specialist 3 – AI/ ML Model Validation on19 April 2021Any