Join SAIC and the Intelligence Community by providing support to the National Counterintelligence & Security Center’s mission, by assisting the Government to acquire and analyze data from various databases to drive the optimization and improvement of strategy and policy development.
- In this role, you will develop custom data models and algorithms to apply to data sets.
- Provide recommendations, develop, and support the implementation of best practices for standardizing data across its lifecycle through engineering, development, and governance.
- Advise on a range of Enterprise and IC data management matters to include their application of substantive, analytical, operational, and program management functionality.
This position will truly shape the CI community’s methods and application of data analysis.
An active TS/SCI with CI Poly clearance is required
A Degree in Computer Information Systems, Computer Science, Database Administration, Data Science, Engineering, IT Management, Mathematics, or Statistics (or another quantitative field).
Experience to education requirements are:
6 years of experience and a PhD in the noted focus.
8 years of experience and a Masters Degree in the noted focus.
10 years of experience and a Bachelors Degree in the noted focus.
12 years of experience and an Associates Degree in the noted focus.
14 years of experience and a GED/HS Degree.
- Minimum five (5) years of experience manipulating data sets and building statistical models, and familiarity with:
- Statistical and data mining techniques (Regression, Random Forest, Boosting, Trees, text mining, social network analysis, etc.);
- Querying databases and using statistical computer languages (R, Python, etc.);
- Using web services (Redshift, Spark, DigitalOcean, etc.); and
- Creating and using advanced machine learning algorithms and statistics (regression, simulation, scenario analysis, modeling, clustering, decision trees, neural networks, etc.).
- Strong problem solving skills with an emphasis on product development.
- Proven ability to drive business results with data-based insights.
- Demonstrated expertise with developing and implementing data management strategies, processes, and technical solutions.
- Demonstrated expertise with one of the key data management knowledge areas: data management, data quality, metadata management, data governance, data modeling and design, data storage and operations, data integration and operability, document and content management, reference and master data.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills with the ability to conduct independent research, filter and synthesize data, and produce clear, logical, and concise recommendations to policy and decision-making data management and governance professionals.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, including the ability to work independently and in a team or collaborative environment, to work with all levels of employees from support staff to senior leadership, and to be proactive and responsive in communicating with all stakeholders.
- Knowledge of advanced statistical techniques and concepts (regression, properties of distributions, statistical tests and proper usage, etc.) and experience with applications.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation’s most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com . For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom . For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC . EOE AA M/F/Vet/DisabilityView More