The Decision Sciences team sits within Enterprise Business Analytics Center of Excellence to support the advanced analytics and modeling needs for sales, marketing, finance, digital, financial wellness and operations of Key Bank’s consumer bank. Our senior data scientists work directly with each line of business and other analytics teams to solve complex and unique business problems by building state-of-the-art models and tools to support business growth and improve customer experience.
The Senior Data Scientist will lead the development, validation, documentation, execution and measurement of complex and high-impact statistical and machine learning models, leveraging cutting edge quantitative and computational techniques and technologies. The ideal candidate should be able to work effectively with internal clients to better understand their business needs, dissect complex problems, propose appropriate quantitative solutions, analyze the needs and behaviors of present and prospective customers, and develop data-driven solutions to improve customer experience and achieve business objectives.
- Apply critical thinking skills and perform advanced analytics with goal of solving complex and multi-faceted business problems
- Translate business partner’s needs into advanced analytics projects and prioritize projects based on expected tactical and/or strategic business impact to quickly achieve goals
- Generate deep insights through the analysis of data and understanding of business processes and turn them into actionable recommendations
- Perform advanced quantitative and statistical analysis and machine learning of large datasets to identify trends, patterns, and correlations that can be used to support client centric initiatives at various stages of customer lifecycle including acquisition, activation, utilization, relationship deepening and retention
- Know what type of algorithm to use and how to implement them
- Build and deploy prototype solutions to demonstrate ideas and prove concepts
- Proactively seek, build and consolidate new data inputs to improve model performance
- Perform model validation and documentation of newly-developed predictive models to ensure they follow good modeling practices and are in compliance with Model Governance Policy, Guidelines and OCC requirements
- Conducting annual model validations to ensure models are working as intended and the existing validation activities are sufficient
- Develop presentations to summarize and communicate key messages to senior management sponsors and other stakeholders
- Become subject matter expert and trusted advisor in advanced analytics and modeling
- Collaborate with others in the organization to develop new ideas and brain storm potential solutions
- Mentor junior team members when needed
- Solid quantitative/programming backgronud with a graduate degree (Phd or Master) in quantitative fields such as Statistics, Engineering, Mathematics, Economics, Finance, Computer Science, or Operations Research
- 5+ years hands on experience developing and applying statistical/predictive methods using large data sets
- Hands on experience with Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence
- Excellent quantitative, analytical and problem solving skills. Solid Knowledge of statistical analysis (regression, decision trees, clustering, experimental design etc.) as well as machine learning algorithms to solve real world problems
- Ability to write code and develop production-ready analytical applications
- Significant experience working with large scale structured and unstructured data
- Intellectual curiosity, inquisitive nature and desire to deepen knowledge
- Extensive experience in Python, R, SAS, SQL, BigSQL, etc.
- Working knowledge of Spark, PySpark, SparkSQL, MLlib
- Experience in working in cloud environment preferred
- Strong written and oral communication skills, proven ability to convey the results of complex analyses in a clear and concise manner using business language.
- Good project management skills (clear goal setting, well-organized, detailed planning, and ability for tight-timeline deliverables)
- Consultative experience is a plus
- Retail and Financial services industry experience preferred
- Able to translate ambiguous business problems into a conceptual mathematical framework
- Effective communication and presentation skills
- Can work both independently and collaboratively
KeyCorp is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer committed to engaging a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.View More