SAIC is looking for team members to support the Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA) Transforming All-Source Analysis with Location-Based Object Services (TALOS) to advance the state of the art in Big Data, data analysis, Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), and advanced analytics to enhance the DoD’s and the Intelligence Community’s (IC) information processes and technical architectures. DoD and the IC, warfighters, policymakers, and acquisition leaders must address strategic challenges that focus on leading-edge IT to deliver insight, advantages, and dominance in all warfighting domains including land, maritime, air, space, and cyber.
The candidate will support the lifecycle of data within DIA from the time it is acquired to the time it is removed from DIA’s systems. This includes data transformation and extraction activities, appropriate exploitation and storage of data, implementation and maintenance of data access controls, reporting, and the removal of data IAW DIA’s policies and compliance requirements. The candidate shall support the Government in data ingestion, management, and other areas of data processing and follow specific guidance provided by the Government related to compliance with authorities and oversight policy for data access loading, minimization, retention, and use.
Works in cross-functional teams with data at all stages of the analysis lifecycle to derive actionable insight. Translates mission needs into an end-to-end analytical approach to achieve results. Performs the pre-analytics areas of data collection and understanding, data cleansing and integration, and data storage and retrieval. Determines the appropriate analytics based on the data and the desired outcomes, using techniques including feature detection, statistics, data mining, predictive modeling, machine learning, natural language processing, and business intelligence. Interprets the validity of results and communicates the meaning of those results. Has familiarity with data wrangling, analytics, and visualization software and programming languages, including analytics methods for big data. Follows a scientific approach to generate value from data, verifying results at each step.
- An active Top Secret/SCI clearance
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, data analytics, software engineering, or related technical field.
- A minimum of five years of hands-on experience with Big Data applications, such as Hadoop and associated applications (e.g., administration, CM, monitoring, performance tuning, etc.).
- Experience working in a Government mission Data Exploitation environment (e.g., acquiring data, storing data, processing data, analyzing data, visualizing data, turning data into intelligence products, disseminating data, and knowledge management).
- Experience supporting a cloud computing environment (e.g., private, hybrid, and/or public).
- Experience leading and managing cross-functional technology team.
- Experience leading major programming/scripting languages like Java, Linux, C++, PHP, Ruby, Python and/or R.
- Experience working with Extract, Transform, Load (ETL) tools such as Informatica, Talend, and/or Pentaho.
- Experience designing solutions for multiple large data warehouses with cluster and parallel architecture as well as high-scale or distributed platforms.
- Experience in the research and development of applications/services in disciplines such as: Natural Language Processing, machine learning, Conceptual Modeling, Statistical Analysis, Predictive Modeling, and Hypothesis testing.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation’s most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com . For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom . For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC . EOE AA M/F/Vet/DisabilityView More
More jobs from our partners (660)
SlackSr. Data Scientist, Business Analytics – Data Science on21 April 2021Any
AppleAI/ML – Sr Data Scientist – Experimentation, Siri Data on29 April 2021Any