One Company…Many Careers!
Requisition ID: req12609
Job Title: Senior Data Scientist – Advanced Analytics
Number of Openings: 2
Location: Bloomington, IL, Champaign, IL, Richardson, TX and Dunwoody, GA
A Day In The Life Of A Senior Data Scientist – Advanced Analytics – req12609
As a data scientist at State Farm, you will help business partners build advanced analytic solutions to help drive results for the enterprise. You will serve not just as a subject matter expert and consultant, but also as a teacher. Through this role, you will work to increase the use of analytics for decision making across the company.
Why Join Our Team:
Being part of our data science team will help facilitate your professional growth across multiple development areas. First, you will strengthen your communication skills through interactions with business partners that require you to articulate statistical concepts in a non-technical way. Additionally, the variety of projects that you work on will allow you to refine your knowledge for supervised and unsupervised learning techniques. Finally, the landscape of the data science field is quickly changing, so this role includes an opportunity for practical research which equates to unbounded development opportunities for your analytic skills.
Data Scientist Skills & Professional Experience Preferred:
- Completed Masters, other advanced degrees, in an analytical field such as statistics, economics, data science, quantitative marketing, operations research, management science, industrial engineering, etc.
- 5 + years of model building experience
- Experience with gathering and interpreting business requirement to design and create scalable data science solutions in a regulatory environment including but not limited to insurance, finance, and healthcare.
- Experience with data cleansing, feature creation, feature selection and value imputation and dependent variable analysis
- Broad experience building different types of advanced analytic solutions, including some of the following: time series analysis, cluster analysis, tree based algorithms, generalized linear models, or neural networks.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to manage multiple, diverse stakeholders across business areas and leadership levels.
- Exercise sound judgment to diagnose and resolve problems within an area of expertise.
- Experience with SQL and with Python, R, and/or SAS
- Technical expertise with multiple compute environments, including at least two (2) of the following: Linux, Hadoop, Mainframe and AWS
- Familiarity with experimental design for business experiments and/or Natural Language Processing (NLP)
- Familiarity with DevOps systems, such as GitLab
- Knowledge of work prioritization using the Agile framework
What You Can Expect:
Next Steps: Competitive candidates may be invited to participate in pre-employment testing and/or the interview process. This is where the excitement begins!
**Applicants are required to be eligible to lawfully work in the U.S. immediately; employer will not sponsor applicants for U.S. work authorization (e.g. H-1B Visa) for this opportunity.
What’s In It For You
Competitive Benefits, Pay, and Bonus Potential
Volunteer opportunities: Get involved and give back to the community!
Tuition Reimbursement: We support opportunities for you to learn and grow!
A Learning Culture: Mentoring, Professional Designations, Employee Development, and more!
401k Plan and FULLY FUNDED PENSION: Yes, both.
We embrace Diversity and Inclusion: We are one team and it is simply the right thing to do!
We are not just offering a job but a meaningful career! We’re here to help life go right®
Come join our passionate team!
More jobs from our partners (636)
Salesforce(Senior/ Lead) Data Scientist/ Analyst – Data Intelligence on15 January 2021Full Time
AppleApple One Business Data Scientist, Apple Media Products Data Science – Cupertino on13 January 2021Any