Computer World Services is seeking energetic candidates to support the National Oceanica and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) Office of the Chief Information Officer (OCIO), Cyber Security Division (CSD) in achieving NOAA’s cybersecurity mission: to protect and defend the use of cyberspace from cyber-attacks, and to protect NOAA information and information systems from unauthorized access, use, disclosure, disruption, modification, or destruction.
Qualified candidate: Solves computer, business, scientific, engineering, policy/compliance or other discipline system/process problems and enables system to meet the needs of the organization. Performs system studies to assist organization to realize maximum benefit from investments in equipment, personnel, and business processes or to comply with internal or external requirements. Plans and designs new systems/processes or devises ways to apply existing systems resources to additional operations. Analyzes requirements, procedures, and problems to improve existing system/processes. Familiar with a variety of the field’s concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of complicated tasks. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected. Will very likely direct and lead others. Works under general supervision. Typically reports to a manager or head of a unit/department.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Provide technical expertise evaluating and interpreting data, analyzing results using statistical techniques
- Interpret various types of data, analyze results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets
- Filter and normalize data by reviewing data reports and performance indicators to locate where data source contains errors or issues
- Work with IT, Cyber, other personnel to prioritize business and information needs
- Locate and define new process improvement opportunities
Education & Experience
- BS/BA degree (or equivalent) plus 8 to 10 years’ experience in related field (5 of which must be in a supervisory role).
- Knowledge and comprehensive understanding of U.S. federal IT security policies and implementation standards as documented in the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) guidance to include, but not limited to, NIST Special Publications (SP) and Federal Information Processing Standards (FIPS) available online at
- Proficiency with enterprise architecture methodologies, concepts, procedures, principles, and tools, and experience in designing security elements of Service-Oriented Architectures.
- Proficiency in applying federally accepted IT Security concepts, methodologies, principles, procedures and using industry-standard IT Security tools.
- Working knowledge of Security Products, ranging from SIEM, Security Appliances, Network Devices, and Endpoint Protection.
- Working knowledge of hardware/software security implementations; communication protocols; and encryption techniques/tools.
- Ability to research, recommend, and apply policies and emerging vulnerabilities to both short notice response and long-term vulnerability management program assignments.
- Ability to develop, deliver, and deploy technical solutions designed to protect NOAA data, networks, intellectual property, and national missions.
- Familiarity with the NOAA mission and major programs as described online at
One or more of the following is required:
- ISC2 Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- ISC2 Information Systems Security Architecture Professional (ISSAP) – highly desirable
- ISC2 Certified Cloud Security Professional (CCSP)
- ISACA Certified Information System Manager (CISM)
- ISACA Certified Information System Auditor (CISA)
- GIAC Security Leadership Certification (GSLC)
- EC-Council Certified Chief Information Security Officer (CCISO)
- Cisco Certified Architect (CCAr)
- Cisco Certified Design Expert (CCDE)
- Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE) Security
- Axelos ITIL Master
- Axelos ITIL Strategic Leader (SL)
- US Government Public Trust clearance is required
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
EEO is the Law: