What you’ll do…
At H&R Block, your contributions will go far beyond any job description. When you join our team, you’ll add to the momentum of forward-thinking company – one that defined an industry and is now leading it’s transformation.
Lead Data Scientist: Coordinates assigned research projects. Designs, develops, and implements methods and systems to generate actionable insights and solutions for our clients. Interacts with product and service teams to identify questions and approaches for data analysis and experiments. Develops and codes algorithms and automated processes to cleanse, integrate and evaluate large datasets from multiple sources. Identifies meaningful insights from “big data” sources. Assists in the coordination of various research initiatives. Serves as an internal consultant in identifying opportunities to improve decision making through the application of analytical concepts and techniques.
- Consults with internal clients to understand proposed programs. Conducts appropriate analyses to estimate program impacts.
- Design, develop, implement, and continuously improve various production models
- Identifies needs for future analysis and modeling support. Anticipates data requirements and ensures required data is available to support current and future modeling efforts
- Applies appropriate techniques to develop models that support marketing and operations efforts as well as improved customer experiences
- Selects and implements appropriate algorithms. Tracks model performance.
- Other duties as assigned.
About H&R Block…
We’re here to live our purpose-to provide help and inspire confidence in our clients and communities everywhere. We take our work personally, because we know what it represents: Families and homes. Livelihoods and lives.
We’ve been true to that purpose since brothers Henry and Richard Bloch founded our company in 1955. Since then, we’ve grown to approximately 12,000 tax offices throughout the United States and around the world. When you join our team, you’ll add to the momentum of a forward-thinking company-one that defined an industry and is now leading its transformation.
It would be even better if you also had…
- Expertise in ML, data architectures & data modeling, APIs and warehousing solutions
- Capable of leading ML and engineering efforts to combine ML techniques, front end tools, and back end optimization to productionalize solutions using Al
- Fluent in ANN & deep learning – Neural networks (perceptron, multilayer, back-propagation, etc.)
- Experience with Scala, Julia, Java, C or C++
What you’ll bring to the team…
- Advanced degree in Data Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Economics, Operations Research, or other related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A minimum of five years model development, statistical methodologies, or quantitative analysis experience
- Experience working with and creating data architectures
- Expert in Python or R
- Demonstrated experience developing and monitoring a fully productionalized ML solution
- Expert level application of frequently used ML algorithms
- Experience with deep learning algorithms (CNN, RNN, Boltzmann Machine, etc.)
- Developing extreme expertise in a specific analytical technique (NLP, computer vision, reinforcement learning
- Ability to use a systematic approach in solving problems through analysis and evaluation of alternative solutions.
- Effective oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of the Company.
- Ability to work effectively in a diverse work group.
More jobs from our partners (122)
JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A.CIB Machine Learning Center of Excellence – Senior Associate- Machine on12 August 2020Full Time
LLoyd StaffingSenior Software Engineer Behavioral Analytics and Machine Learning Sol on12 August 2020Full Time
Diligente TechnologiesFull Stack Developer (AWS, Ruby, algorithm, Machine Learning) on1 August 2020Full Time