Amazon’s Advertising technology teams build the technology infrastructure and ad serving systems to manage billions of advertising queries every day. The result is better quality advertising for publishers and more relevant ads for customers. Our infrastructure supports millions of Internet users and handles billions of queries per day, all delivered in milliseconds. Our data platform processes massive data sets to develop business intelligence and analytics that are critical for the efficiency and profitability of our advertising business.
The Sponsored Product Ads Response Prediction team builds advanced machine-learning models and scalable machine-learning infrastructure to help better match shoppers’ intent to advertisements, optimize advertisers’ ROI, and scale a program that is accretive to Amazon. We are seeking an Applied Science Manager who has a solid background in applied Machine Learning, deep passion for building data-driven products; ability to communicate data insights and scientific vision, and has a proven track record of leading both applied scientists and software engineers to execute complex projects and deliver business impacts.
As an Applied Science Senior Manager , you will:
· Lead a group of talented applied scientists and software engineers to deliver machine-learning and AI solutions to production.
· Advance team’s engineering craftsmanship and drive continued scientific innovation as a thought leader and practitioner.
· Develop science and engineering roadmap, run Sprint/quarter and annual planning, and foster cross-team collaboration to execute complex projects.
· Perform hands-on data analysis, build machine-learning models, run regular A/B tests, and communicate the impact to senior management.
· Hire and develop top talents, provide technical and career development guidance to both scientists and engineers in the organization.
Impact and Career Growth:
· You will invent new shopper and advertiser experiences, and accelerate the pace of Machine Learning and Optimization.
· Influence customer facing shopping experiences to helping suppliers grow their retail business and the auction dynamics that leverage native advertising, this role will be powering the engine of one the fastest growing businesses at Amazon.
· Define a long-term science vision for our ad marketplace, driven fundamentally from the needs of our customers, translating that direction into specific plans for research and applied scientists, as well as engineering and product teams.
· This is a role that combines science leadership, organizational ability, technical strength, product focus and business understanding.
· In the immediate term, this role requires (a) addressing principles of allocation function and pricing in ad marketplace auctions, (b) developing efficient algorithms for multi-objective optimization and AI control methods to find operating points for the ad marketplace auctions and to evolve them, and (c) develop science talent around machine learning, Economics and optimization for WW Advertising.
Why you love this opportunity:
· Amazon is investing heavily in building a world class advertising business and we are responsible for defining and delivering a collection of self-service performance advertising products that drive discovery and sales.
· Our products are strategically important to our Retail and Marketplace businesses driving long term growth. We deliver billions of ad impressions and millions of clicks daily and are breaking fresh ground to create world-class products.
· We are highly motivated, collaborative and fun-loving with an entrepreneurial spirit and bias for action. With a broad mandate to experiment and innovate, we are growing at an unprecedented rate with a seemingly endless range of new opportunities.
Team video ~ https://youtu.be/zD_6Lzw8raE
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.View More
More jobs from our partners (276)
AppleSr Machine Learning Engineer – Search and Recommendations, Apple Media Products on8 February 2021Any
AppleAI/ML – Machine Learning Engineer – Siri Experience on4 March 2021Any
AppleAI/ML – Engineering Manager, Machine Learning Platform & Technology on2 March 2021Any
SpotifyStaff Machine Learning Engineer – Personalized Listening Experiences on26 January 2021Full Time