Expedia is the global leader in travel. From the practical matters of booking flights, cars, hotels, packages, local activities, or vacation rentals to the realization of dreams and bucket lists, we cover the entire breadth of this deep and varied relationship. We team up with our partners to provide outstanding offers to our customers. Some of our partners are huge brands, and some are individuals with a studio apartment to rent. Our customers are diverse, and we seek to deliver value and a great experience. Our technical challenges are endlessly complex and yet meaningful and exciting.
Expedia Group is seeking a Senior Manager of Data Science. In this role, you will lead our large and growing an organization and drive product and platform decision-making using cutting machine learning and AI technology. You will play a key role in driving programmatic initiatives throughout every aspect of the company.
This role requires you to have extraordinary interpersonal skills, emotional intelligence and the ability to inspire and engage multi-functional teams in a complex and rapidly evolving environment. You lead by example, encouraging and inspiring your teams to build creative solutions at scale. Youll be expected to foster a culture of trust, living and breathing our values of: Scientific Mindset, Openness, One Team, Participation and Mastery.
What you’ll do:
• Scale the Data Science team to the next level, attracting and mentoring top talent
• Work across the broader Expedia Group technology leadership to define and optimize our data science strategy
• Coach, mentor, and develop a deeply talented team of data scientists and machine learning engineers.
• You will generate a huge return on investment by using Machine Learning techniques to reduce frictions for travelers and provide personalized travel experience
• Define and promote Data Science Strategies throughout our business, including but not limited to:
• Time series forecasting
• Low-latency/high-throughput production learning systems
• Sequence classification
• Recommender systems
Who you are:
• A seasoned Data Scientist with 5+ years of experience building data platforms and statistical models.
• An experienced Data Science leader (3+ years) building and leading data science teams
• Deep expertise in supervised learning problems
• Advanced knowledge in Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Deep Learning, etc.
• Ability to quickly develop, foster and influence relationships as well as navigate large complex organizations
• Ability to strategically guide and influence teams to apply the right machine learning, statistical or econometric model to solve Expedia’s most important business challenges
• Experience in a variety of machine learning techniques, with a practical understanding of their real-world advantages/drawbacks
• Extensive coding expertise in Python, R, Spark, etc.
• Masters or PhD in Computer Science, Statistics, Machine learning or similar quantitative field
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee’s I-9 to confirm work authorization.View More
More jobs from our partners (775)
Raytheon TechnologiesPrincipal Investigator: Natural Language Processing on18 January 2021Any