Interested in helping America’s leaders use machine learning to make sound decisions to protect our country? This is an exciting opportunity to use the latest cloud computing technologies to help U.S. Intelligence Community agencies implement innovative cloud computing solutions and solve technical problems.
In the AWS Machine Learning team, we’re enabling developers and data scientists to focus on using machine learning to model and solve critical business problems, without the heavy lifting associated with large-scale machine learning implementations. Our teams are delivering the next generation of AI/ML services with innovative offerings like Amazon SageMaker, Amazon Comprehend, and Amazon Textract, enabling our customers to combine human judgment and machine learning to massively scale their analytics and decision-making.
We are seeking a Product Manager-Technical (PMT) for delivering AI/ML services to the Intelligence Community. As a PMT, you will lead and own the innovation in the space, listen closely to customers, define compelling functionality and new AI/ML capabilities to satisfy customer requirements for the most highly sensitive workloads.
We hold high standards for our computer systems and the services we deliver to our customers: our systems are highly secure, highly reliable, highly available, all while functioning at massive scale; our employees are smart, passionate about the cloud, driven to serve customers, and fun to work with. Come help us build a state-of-the-art system!
A successful candidate will be a hands-on product manager with an established background in defining platforms and services through the full product lifecycle, working closely with extraordinary engineering talent, have strong technical ability, with great communication skills, and the motivation to achieve results in a dynamic fast paced environment.
· Lead Product Definition – Own and drive the customer working backwards strategy, tenets, long-term goals and working backwards documents (press release, FAQ) including customer and market feedback, competitive analysis and business metrics to inform direction.
· Define Product Vision – Including all aspects to future roadmap, investment, innovation and experimentation.
· Execution of Product Planning and Development – Including customer goals and business requirements for product release, ensuring implementation is aligned with product goals and requirements, and ownership of product positioning.
· Lead Product Launch – Own the GTM plan to deliver results that ensure the customer and business goals are met in operational launch plans.
· Lead Operations – Including monitoring and response to customer feedback, continuous improvement and business growth
· Lead interaction with Technical Team – Including helping the technical team make tradeoffs based on customer requirements, QA/testing of the product.
· Lead and mentor technical product managers
· Influence senior leaders across Amazon and communicate AWS ML’s vision, strategy, goals, status, and customer impact
If you have an entrepreneurial spirit, know how to deliver, are deeply technical, highly innovative and long for the opportunity to build pioneering solutions to challenging problems, we want to talk to you.
This position requires that the candidate selected be a US Citizen and must currently possess an active Top Secret security clearance. The position further requires that, after start, the selected candidate obtain and maintain an active TS/SCI security clearance with polygraph and satisfy other security related requirements.
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent combination of technical education and experience
· 5+ years of Product Management experience in a technical environment
· Current, active US Government Security Clearance of Top Secret or above
· Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent combination of technical education and experience
· MBA or other advanced degree
· Experience delivering software products and features using Agile/Scrum/Kanban methodologies
· Prior experience managing technical products or online services, including proficiency with web services, online technology, and compute services
· Prior experience building machine learning systems
· Experience with enterprise software and customers
· Excellent written and oral communications skills, including experience communicating to executives
· High attention to detail and the ability to lead multiple, contending priorities simultaneously
· General manager/owner mentality, entrepreneurial drive, and confirmed ability to influence others
· Excellent analytical skills, including the ability to identify and solve ambiguous problem
· Able to work in a diverse team
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
We are dedicated to supporting our new team members. Our team has a broad mix of experience levels and Amazon tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren’t focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we’re happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life—both in and outside of work.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.View More
More jobs from our partners (28)
AppleAI/ML – Sr Product Manager, Siri Knowledge and Machine Learning on8 February 2021Any
AppleAI/ML – Sr Product Manager, Home Automation & Intelligence on26 February 2021Any
AppleSr. Technical Product Manager, Digital Machine Learning Experience on24 February 2021Any
AppleTechnical Product Manager, Data Science & Analytics, Apple Media Products – Austin on22 February 2021Any
Expedia GroupSenior Product Manager, Data, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning on2 March 2021Full Time