Company Type:Public Company Size: 10,001+ employees
Core Services Engineering builds and manages the critical products and services that Microsoft runs on. We boldly pursue big ideas that power transformational advances at Microsoft and for our customers, while helping Microsoft teams work smarter, faster and more securely every day. Core Services Engineering employees have deep technical and business expertise, customer insights, and a clear point of view that comes from first-hand, large-scale experience with Microsoft and industry solutions. We are engineers, technology leaders and experts, digital transformation change agents, and customer advocates.
We have exciting opportunities for you to innovate, influence, transform, inspire and grow within our organization and we encourage you to apply to learn more!
We are looking for senior software engineers that will be part of the Management Reporting team and contribute towards our vision to accelerate Microsoft growth by radically transforming financial experiences to be the most scalable, agile, intelligent and compliant. Our team builds line of business applications and services that allows Microsoft to manage statutory financial compliance responsibilities and provides insights/solutions that enable greater efficiency and profitability for the company. Our services are built using wide variety of technologies such as Spark, Scala, HDInsight, AngularJS, C#, microservices, SQL, NoSQL, Databricks and are deployed in Azure. We expect all our systems to run with a DevOps model and value investments in automation and telemetry to deliver the best possible services.
We have a multiple of positions available and are interested in developer with wide range of experience. CFE provides career growth opportunities, a rewarding and flexible work environment so you can better integrate professional and personal life. Microsoft CFE employees make global impact on larger number of customers and employees who use Microsoft software and services.
About Working At Microsoft
Working in CFE at Microsoft offers many of the benefits of both working for a large company and a small start-up.
- Our CFE teams are small and agile with every team member having the opportunity to learn and contribute broadly across their whole application or service. Our senior team members and leaders are accessible, hands-on with our teams, and can partner with other Microsoft product engineering teams focused on Microsoft Azure machine learning, data & analytics, enterprise cloud services, and more.
- Additionally, being a large company, Microsoft offers many career opportunities locally and internationally. Employees may choose to grow personally as a software engineer in role or move through many different roles working on different products or in management, sales, or consulting. We also offer employees a wide range of training and professional development opportunities and have great employee volunteer and charitable giving programs.
What We Are Looking For
Our teams are seeking software engineers to join us as we create and deliver mission critical business services and processes for Microsoft. You will have the opportunity to design and develop creative, compelling, and cutting-edge systems that support Microsoft’s world-wide operations. You will develop software and services at scale, innovate using latest technologies and be early adopters while mentoring other team members.
- Design and develop distributed and large-scale software services and solutions
- Develop services and components that are well-defined, modularized, secure, reliable, diagnosable, actively monitored and reusable.
- Improve test coverage for services, implement integration tests.
- Adhere to and drive modern software engineering, Agile and DevOps practices; partner with other members of your engineering team to rotate the SCRUM master and on-call designated response roles among the team.
- Collaborate with business owners and product owners to deliver cohesive and exciting end-to-end user experiences.
- Continue learning existing and emerging technologies and develop proof of concepts to evaluate technology that support customer needs.
- 7+ years of software engineering experience building and shipping large-scale, high performance, scalable systems and services.
- <![CDATA[ Principal Software Engineer
Excited by the Surface Duo announcement and the Samsung Note10 event? The Microsoft Mobile Experiences team engages tens of millions of mobile hungry users across its portfolio of app experiences and services. What’s Next? We are enlisting artificial intelligence to simplify the cross-app and cross-device tasks users find complicated today. We partner with Microsoft Research and coordinate our work across the company to create new capabilities that help users get more done in their personal and professional lives.Responsibilities
Our group is building the next iteration of AI assistive technologies at Microsoft and we are looking for talented people to help us realize our dream of simpler interactions for our complex digital lives. We utilize and evolve state of the art reinforcement learning, NLP and computer vision techniques to simplify how you work across your entire digital footprint. In this role you will help align full stack experiences across a variety of applications and devices. You will be responsible for helping chart research initiatives, architecture and system design, and coordinating work across multiple teams, delivering product impact. You will also have the opportunity to shape the current and future generations of Microsoft interactive experiences.
An ideal fit for this position is
- A team player
- Familiar with service design and architecture
- Experienced shipping services or android applications
- Experienced shipping machine learned technologies
- A proven collaborator with experience coordinating engineering efforts
- Passionate about the quality of customer experiences
- 7+ years of software development experience
- Experience in C++, C#, Python, React
- Experience with common ML platforms
- Background in computer science, math, or a related field
- Demonstrated passion for quality and impact
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
- Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.