The Alexa Machine Learning Platform Services (MLpS) team’s vision is to make it intuitive and efficient to build, integrate, and operate Artificial Intelligence (AI). These world class services powers Alexa’s benchmark setting AI models in speech, acoustic events, image and text enabling myriad Alexa experiences ultimately making Alexa delightful for customers. Said another way, Alexa ML Services organization provides tools and process to make AI building easier. Customers include Scientists, Data Analysts, Product Owners, and the Alexa end users. We are part of the larger Amazon Alexa organization, but we support multiple Amazon business units across the company applying ML in a collection of domains including: speech recognition, language understanding, intelligent decisions, object detection, and additional applications in both audio processing and computer vision.
As a Technical Program Manager on the team, you will be responsible for scoping and delivering large scale projects, spanning multiple organizations across Alexa end-to-end. Responsibilities include collection of business and systems requirements from internal and external customers, writing specifications, driving project schedules from design to release, and managing the production launch. You will lead and coordinate design/implementation efforts between internal teams and outside merchants and vendors to develop optimal solutions. You will be expected to make appropriate tradeoffs to optimize time-to-market, clearly communicate goals, roles, responsibilities, and desired outcomes to internal cross-functional and remote project teams.
The right candidate will possess a strong program management background, will have demonstrated experience leading large projects, and will have a well-rounded technical background in current cloud technologies. You must be able to thrive and succeed in an entrepreneurial environment, and not be hindered by ambiguity or competing priorities. This means you are not only able to develop and drive high-level strategic initiatives, but can also roll up your sleeves, dig in and get the job done. As a TPM, you will anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make tradeoffs, and balance the business needs versus technical constraints. An ability to take large, complex projects and break them down into manageable pieces, develop functional specifications, then deliver them in a successful and timely manner is expected. Maturity, high judgment, negotiation skills, ability to influence, analytical talent and leadership are essential to success in this role.
· 5+ years of Technical Program Management experience in a related industry.
· 3+ years of coding experience in Java, C++, or Python.
· Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related technical field.
· Experience managing efforts in Unix/Linux environments, distributed systems and/or developing large scale cloud applications.
· A first-hand working knowledge of current cloud technologies.
· Experience with project management tools.
· Master’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related technical field.
· Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical individuals.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills.
· Track record for being detail-oriented with a demonstrated ability to self-motivate and follow-through on projects.
· Prior experience with developing Big Data & Machine Learning tools and services.
· Prior experience with AWS technologies.
More jobs from our partners (245)
AppleAI/ML – Technical Product Manager, Siri Invocation & Mitigation on26 September 2020Any