Ansys is the global leader in engineering simulation, helping the world’s most innovative companies deliver radically better products to their customers. By offering the best and broadest portfolio of engineering simulation software, Ansys helps companies solve the most complex design challenges and engineer products limited only by imagination.
The Software Developer II will be part of the Office of CTO and will perform machine learning research, design, implementation to augment ANSYS physics-based flagship solvers and new generation solvers.
- Research machine learning based frameworks to apply them for numerical simulation methods for fluids, structures, electromagnetics, optics, and electronics
- Develop predictive model for various analysis solutions by using machine learning and analytical techniques
- Collaborate with product engineering teams to drive Real Time model implementations and new feature creations
- Design efficient/scalable processes for large scale data analyses, model development, model validation and model implementation
- Analyze and improve efficiency, scalability, quality of machine learning algorithm results and stability of various deployed systems
- Diagnose and fix code problems
- Create unit regression and/or system-level tests to thoroughly validate new features or changes.
- Optimize code to improve computational efficiency and memory capacity.
- Bachelor’s degree in physics, mathematics, Computer Science or engineering with a minimum of 4 years of software development experience
- Experience with 3D geometry, computer graphics or computer vision
- Experience with building machine learning solutions and leveraging specific machine learning architectures (eg deep learning, LSTM, convolutional networks, etc.)
- Expertise in C/C++ or Java with strong algorithm implementation abilities
- Expertise in Python with focus on deep learning frameworks like TensorFlow, PyTorch, Scikit Learn or AutoML
- Masters with a minimum of 2 years of software development experience or a PhD degree in computer graphics, computer vision, physics or applied mathematics or engineering
- Experience with GPU programming (CUDA, OpenGL, OpenCL, DirectX).
- Publication in leading workshops or conferences such as SIGGRAPH, CVPR, NeurlPS, ICML etc.
CULTURE AND VALUES
Culture and values are incredibly important to Ansys. They inform us of who we are, of how we act. Values aren’t posters hanging on a wall or about trite or glib slogans. They aren’t about rules and regulations. They can’t just be handed down the organization. They are shared beliefs – guideposts that we all follow when we’re facing a challenge or a decision. Our values tell us how we live our lives; how we approach our jobs. Our values are crucial for fostering a culture of winning for our company:
Results and Accountability
Transparency and Integrity
Sense of urgency
Collaboration and Teamwork
WORKING AT ANSYS
At Ansys, you will find yourself among the sharpest minds and most visionary of leaders, collectively aiming to change the world with innovative technology and remarkable solutions. With the prestigious reputation in servicing well-known, world-class companies, standards at Ansys are high, met by those willing to rise to the occasion and meet those challenges head-on. Because at Ansys, it’s about the learning, the discovery and the collaboration. It’s about the “what’s next” as much as the “mission accomplished”. It’s about the melding of disciplined intellect with strategic direction and results that have, can and will impact real people in real ways, forged within a working environment built on respect, autonomy and ethics.
At Ansys, you will find yourself among those eager to drive the world towards the next best thing with hands planted firmly on the wheel.
Our team is passionate about pushing the limits of world-class simulation technology so our customers can turn their design concepts into successful, innovative products faster and at lower cost. As a measure of our success in attaining these goals, Ansys has been recognized as one of the world’s most innovative companies by prestigious publications such as Bloomberg Businessweek and FORTUNE magazines.
Ansys is an S&P 500 company and a component of the NASDAQ-100.
For more information, please visit us at
Ansys is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
Ansys does not accept unsolicited referrals for vacancies, and any unsolicited referral will become the property of Ansys. Upon hire, no fee will be owed to the agency, person, or entity.
Nearest Major Market: San Jose
Nearest Secondary Market: Palo Alto