Do you want to work on one of the coolest and most innovative pieces of technology in recent years? Alexa is the groundbreaking cloud-based voice service that powers Amazon Echo and other devices designed around your voice. Our mission is to push the envelope in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Natural Language Understanding (NLU), and Machine Learning (ML), to provide the best possible experience for our customers. You have a chance to join us and together we will make ambient computing a reality.
Our team is building a highly-scalable distributed infrastructure to tackle unique challenges in delivering Alexa AI service to millions of customers worldwide. We are a multi-national 2-pizza team, with growth opportunities for engineers at all levels of experience. We foster an inclusive environment where diverse perspectives and opinions are valued.
As a Software Development Engineer for the Alexa AI team, you will have the opportunity to translate business and functional requirements into concrete deliverables and contribute to the design, development, testing, and deployment of highly scalable distributed services. You will also partner with scientists and other engineers in delivering highly distributed and scalable infrastructure based on Serverless, micro-services, including the opportunity to build end-to-end full-stack applications.
As a team, we will give you opportunities to work on difficult technical problems, with guidance and support from experienced engineers dedicated to your growth.
· 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
· Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
· 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
· Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving and complex analysis
· Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
· Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
· Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
· Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs.
· Experience with full stack web development, using Java and ReactJS
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / AgeView More
More jobs from our partners (2574)
Travelers Indemnity CoSoftware Engineer (AWS, AI, Python) – Remote available on20 September 2020remote
LLoydSenior Software Engineer Behavioral Analytics and Machine Learning Solutions on19 September 2020Full Time
NetflixSenior Software Engineer – Content Data Science Products on19 September 2020Full Time
OracleDirector, Big Data & Data Science Cloud Specialist on18 September 2020Any
AppleData Engineer/Application Developer , Supply Chain Systems on18 September 2020Any
AppleManager – Big Data Engineering – Wallet & Apple Pay – SCV on18 September 2020Any
National Renewable Energy LaboratoryGraduate Intern (Year-Round) – Machine Learning, Optimization, and Control for Smart Buildings on18 September 2020Any