The mission of the Alexa Cloud Secure Solutions team is to safeguard Alexa customers by developing world class, innovative solutions for the biggest security challenges. These challenges span the capabilities Alexa supports from communications to smart home to shopping to integration with financial institutions. They also include the core Alexa functionality (e.g., machine learning). We are passionate problem solvers with deep security expertise. We’re working hard, having fun, and making history. Come join our team! You will partner with world-class technical leaders, security experts, developers, business teams, scientists and data analysts across the organization, spanning a wide range of disciplines.
We’re looking for a Software Development Engineer to help build solutions to security challenges. You will be responsible for designing and developing products and services that safeguard customers and their data. You will partner closely with security engineers to push the boundaries of innovation. A successful candidate will also have experience delivering results in a fast-paced environment. An ideal candidate will have an established background in developing solutions that require security expertise (such as access control, intrusion detection, and data encryption).
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
· Equivalent experience to a Bachelor’s degree based on 3 years of work experience for every 1 year of education.
· 3+ years of professional experience in software development.
· Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design.
· Computer Science fundamentals in data structures.
· Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis.
· Knowledge of, at least, one modern programming language such as C, C++, C#, or Java.
· Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field
· Experience taking a leading role in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
· Experience working on software related to security such as access control, data protection, and intrusion detection
· Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
· Experience with distributed computing and enterprise-wide systems.
· Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy.
· Experience mentoring junior software engineers to improve their skills, and make them more effective, product software engineers.
· Experience influencing software engineering best practices within a team.
· Prior experience with AWS technologies.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / AgeView More
More jobs from our partners (1029)
AmazonSystem Development Engineer, Cloud-Scale Machine Learning Acceleration on28 September 2020Any