Interested in Machine Learning, and empowering the world to do more and better machine Learning? Amazon SageMaker, Amazon Web Service’s (AWS) Machine Learning platform team is building customer-facing services to catalyze data scientists and software engineers in their machine learning endeavors. This product is a blend of HTTP API’s, low and high-level SDK’s, and an AWS Console UI.
The SageMaker Images team is a new team in SageMaker. We are building a service that lets data scientists and developers easily control the exact environment in which their code runs. With SageMaker Images, customers write and execute code in a predictable way without having to build containers. For example, customers can deploy a Jupyter notebook to SageMaker training or hosting without ever touching Docker. This seamless code motion works across a broad spectrum of services including SageMaker Studio, Hosting and Batch Transform, AWS Batch, ECS, EKS, Lambda, Glue and ECR. SageMaker Images service is the core service in SageMaker for container build, publish, registration and discovery. Using SageMaker Images together with AWS Step Functions, customers can build complex workflows working with just the code they wish to run
You will design, implement, test, document, and support cross-cutting services to help customers do machine learning at scale. You’ll assist in gathering and analyzing business and functional requirements, and translate requirements into technical specifications for robust, scalable, supportable solutions that work well within the overall system architecture. You will serve as a key technical resource in the full development cycle, from conception to delivery and maintenance. You will produce comprehensive, usable software documentation; recommend changes in development, maintenance and system standards.
You will own delivery of entire piece of the system and serve as technical lead on complex projects using best practice engineering standards, and hire/mentor junior development engineers.
We’re moving fast, and this is a great team to come to to have a huge impact on AWS and the world’s customers we serve!
· 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
· Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
· 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
· Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design
· Computer Science fundamentals in data structures
· Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
· Proficiency in, at least, one modern programming language such as Java, Golang, Python, C++, C#, Perl
· Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
· Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
· Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
· Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs.
· Deep hands-on technical expertise in: large scale systems engineering; building and operating complex distributed systems
· Experience with docker, Machine Learning, data mining, and/or statistical analysis tools such as R and MATLAB is a plus
· Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer or Electrical Engineering
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual OrientationView More
More jobs from our partners (187)
- Platform Software Engineer – Machine Learning / Data Pipelines on12 August 2020Any
- AI/ML – Software Engineer, Siri Search & Knowledge Platform on12 August 2020Any
- Application Development Technical Lead Analyst- Big Data/Java on11 August 2020Any