Amazon Legal Technologies is an innovative and high-energy team that supports Amazon’s legal operations worldwide. We focus on creating easy to use, highly secure, ingenious solutions that allow our business to efficiently scale for the future. We are looking for a smart, creative, and results-oriented Software Engineer who is excited by unique challenges and is passionate about using the latest technologies to solve customers’ needs. This is an excellent opportunity for a developer who is looking for a growth position with a high level of ownership in a rapidly growing team.
Think big! Own, design and create innovative new solutions. As a key member of our team, you will have the opportunity to own major deliverables across all aspects of development: scoping, design, implementation, and testing. Successful candidates can multi-task, quickly adapt to new development environments, learn new systems, create reliable/maintainable code, and find creative and scalable solutions to difficult problems.
More about the team can be found here: https://w.amazon.com/bin/view/Legal/LegalLearningSystems. We are building smart applications that make life easy for our customers. Our customers have large number of documents but no automated mechanism to understand them. It blocks our customers from easily and efficiently discovering information. Our team works on extracting information from documents using Text Mining. We rely on Natural Language Processing and Machine Learning heavily to mine information from unstructured data spread across millions of documents. Key problems we are solving –
· Recovering different type of documents from document stores and make them available to related applications.
· Extract metadata and entities from documents to make them searchable and tag them in related applications.
· Extract key information, clauses, and action items from different documents based on their type.
· Handle security aspect of all documents and make sure same is propagated when updating other applications.
· Set up a pipeline to enable our customers to train extraction model by providing training data, test model and launch them to be used in production for future needs.
As an engineer in this project, you will work on the latest AWS stack, Machine Learning, Natural Language Processing and unstructured Information management pipelines. Apart from training and building machine learning models, you will also design a self sustainable system that enable our users to use it and train with different scenarios.
· Build Full Stack application to market AI solutions.
· Research and evaluate different NLP and Machine Learning libraries, build models to cater Legal needs and enable Legal applications to use the knowledge.
· Establish scalable, efficient, automated knowledge discovery via Text Mining platform by building data processing pipeline to train and evaluate models.
· Mentor and develop engineers.
· Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field
· 3+ years of Software Development Experience
· Proficiency in, at least, one object-oriented programming language such as Python, Java, C#
· Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project.
· Experience in Distributed Systems.
· Advanced post graduate degrees (M.S., Ph.D.) in Computer Science or a related field.
· Familiarity with Amazon Web Services or equivalent cloud programming strongly preferred.
· Deals well with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly.
· Experience in machine learning, data mining, artificial intelligence or statistics.
More jobs from our partners (2564)
AppleAI/ML – Platform Software Engineer, Siri Understanding on21 September 2020Any
AmazonSenior Software Development Engineer – Big Data, AWS EMR on21 September 2020Any