Software Development Manager – Amazon Robotics – North Reading, MA..
Amazon Robotics is transforming Amazon’s transportation systems to deliver more products to more destinations with 1 day delivery. We are building the next generation of Sortation centers by combining robotics, intuitive user driven workflows, hardware devices, and large-scale Software services to sort customer orders by final destination and consolidate them onto trucks for faster delivery. Through technology and innovation, we reduce learning curves and stress while increasing productivity, quality, and safety.
As a Software Development Manager you will:
Prioritize being a really great people manager. Building, motivating, rewarding and coaching a diverse team of Software Development Engineers is the most important part of this role. You will lead a team of engineers in our North Reading and Westborough, Massachusetts offices. You will recruit and retain top talent and excel in day-to-day people and performance management tasks.
Keep your technical skills current to contribute to architecture and design discussions. Lead your team to evolve our service architecture with quality, robustness and Amazon sized scale as top priorities. You will regularly take part in deep-dive troubleshooting exercises and drive technical post-mortem discussions to identify the root cause of complex issues.
Set a vision for your team and create product roadmaps. Help your team sort out technical and product requirements and priorities. Use project management skills to deliver product roadmap items and other cross-team projects.
Delight your customers. Visit Amazon Sort Centers, see your Software in action and engage with your customers. Internalize our customer challenges and derive creative solutions which apply new and innovative technology.
Are you inspired by invention? Is problem solving through teamwork in your DNA? Do you like the idea of seeing how your work impacts the bigger picture? Answer yes to any of these and you’ll fit right in here at Amazon Robotics. We are a smart team of doers that work passionately to apply cutting edge advances in robotics and software to solve real-world challenges that will transform our customers’ experiences in ways we can’t even imagine yet. We invent new improvements every day. We are Amazon Robotics and we will give you the tools and support you need to invent with us in ways that are rewarding, fulfilling and fun.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline
• 7+ years of experience as a software developer in OOP, Java or C++
• 5+ years experience managing people
• Proficient oral and written communication skills
• Ability to collaborate effectively with a diverse, talented team
• Experience with service oriented architecture
• Experience designing, developing, and deploying enterprise solutions using Amazon Web Services (AWS)
• Hands-on technical expertise
• Experience in equipment control and integration
Professional traits that are not unique to this position, but are necessary for Amazon leaders:
– Exhibits excellent judgment
– Hires and develops great people
– Has relentlessly high standards (is never satisfied with the status quo)
– Is able to dive deep and is never out of touch with the details of the business
– Expects and requires innovation of her/his team
– Has passion and convictions and the innate ability to inspire passion in others
– Strong results orientation
– Thinks big
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Keywords: Amazon, Amazon Robotics, People Leader, Java, C++, Python, Linux, AWS, Amazon Web Services, distributed systems, distributed systems, Software Development Manager, Director, Amazon. Boston, Cambridge, North Reading, Massachusetts 01581View More
More jobs from our partners (63)
AmazonSr. Applied Scientist – Computer Vision/ML/Robotics on1 December 2020Any
AmazonRegional Environmental Manager – Amazon Robotics (Mountain Region – Colorado) on29 November 2020Any
AmazonSenior Regional Environmental Manager – Amazon Robotics – East (Virtual US) on29 November 2020Any
AmazonSenior Regional Environmental Manager – Amazon Robotics – West (Virtual US) on29 November 2020Any
AmazonSr. Applied Scientist – Computer Vision/ML/Robotics on30 November 2020Any