Passionate about Big Data and Distributed Systems? Interested in building new state-of-the-art products at Petabyte scale? Be part of a team of industry leading experts that operates one of the largest big data analytics systems at Amazon. We own the attribution reporting product for all of advertising and are responsible for end to end processing of conversion events of advertising campaigns. Global advertisers rely on our campaign reporting to drive future investment in Amazon Advertising. We are applying the latest machine learning and AWS big data technologies available on terabytes of data a day (over 50B new events per day) operating Petabyte size clusters. We constantly invent on our cutting-edge event-driven architectures to stay ahead of growing scale. Our streaming data must always be the fastest, most high-fidelity data as it is both billable as well as critical to checking the heartbeat of a campaign and part of the measure of success for a campaign.
The charter of this team is to ensure events are ready for summarization and meet industry standards and expectations. In essence this function will define if the primary event, an impression, meets the criteria for publication and then determines the same for any secondary events such as views, clicks, and rich media interactions.
Candidates for this position should be creative, demonstrated leaders with superior analytical abilities and a strong drive to deliver results. This opportunity requires deep technical, problem-solving and communication skills.
· Define and drive the multi-year vision for a big data processing platform.
· Build, manage, and develop world-class engineers including making hiring recommendations and guiding and mentoring engineers and product and program managers within and outside of the team.
· Deliver robust and scalable solutions toward your vision, invent or incorporate in new technologies when needed.
· Ensure high quality design reviews that meet business and architectural goals and drive critical feedback on architecture and design issues.
· Oversee resource allocation to ensure appropriate business and staff development goals are met.
· Build relationships with software development managers, engineers, product managers and technical program managers across upstream and downstream teams to influence product development for advertising traffic data.
· Participate in strategic planning to achieve technical and business objectives and interact with customers, other leaders, and your team to construct your plan.
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or closely related field
· Experience in building scalable systems based on web services
· Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline
· Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
· Deep hands-on technical expertise in cloud based distributed software design and development, particularly using AWS services
· Experience with big data technologies including Spark, Lambda, Kinesis, EMR, DynamoDB, Hadoop, Hive, Pig, etc.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.View More
More jobs from our partners (2615)
AmazonSoftware Development Engineer – Machine Learning (Prime Video Recommendations) on24 September 2020Any
AppleAI/ML – Infrastructure Engineer for Machine Learning Systems on23 September 2020Any