When a human looks at a picture of an item, they can easily identify what the item is and understand how to pick it up. Robots and every fulfillment process from procurement through delivery relies on an understanding of an item’s physical characteristics to make optimal fulfillment decisions. Our vision is to teach our systems to do what comes naturally to humans- identify items, describe them, and enable decisions using computer vision at scale. This is a brand new team that has just launched their first product and you will be one of the leaders helping shape this space.
Item Matrix provides a centralized data lake that passively collects and vends curated rich item image sets (optical images, canonical image sets, 3D point clouds) that capture the physical representation of items ‘as prepped, as stowed’ to enable rapid innovation and reduce redundant effort. Item Matrix is the foundational piece that enables research teams to develop solutions and allows customers to pull reference image data sets for decision making. It leverages production sensors in existing singulated and non-singulated processes to make this data accessible as a platform service, using existing item identifiers. Item Matrix leverages Amazon’s Big Data, AWS technologies and hosts multiple ML models. This team was launched in 2020 and is set for explosive growth.
We are seeking a Software Development Manager. The candidate will work with the Robotics, Fulfillment/Supply Chain, Science and SW/HW Engineering teams in coming up with technical solutions as well as aligning cross-functionally both in terms of guiding the design/development within our group and getting work prioritized across multiple teams/stakeholders. You will thrive in a highly collaborative, creative, and analytical environment.
Responsibilities include direct management of engineers, strategic planning, working with science and product leaders to define a vision and roadmap, process and quality of service improvements, guiding the design/development within the team, managing resource allocation and getting work prioritized across multiple teams/stakeholders. A successful candidate will have an established background in developing customer-facing experiences, a strong technical ability, excellent team building skills, great leadership communication skills, and a motivation to achieve results in a fast paced environment. This is a management position for someone who can build teams quickly, recognize and coach top technical talent, establish relationships, measure and deliver results. Maturity, high judgment, negotiation skills, ability to influence, analytical talent and leadership are essential to success in this role.
If you aspire to be a leader, motivated to shape this new space- join us!
· 7+ years of experience working directly with engineering teams
· Experience in partnering with product and program management teams
· 3+ years of people management experience, managing engineers
· Understanding of AI, Machine Learning, Deep Learning and related technologies- preferred but not required.
· Track record for being detail-oriented with a demonstrated ability to self-motivate and follow-through on projects
· Experience supporting machine learning applications or operations research and optimization.
· Demonstrated experience incubating and commercializing new technology, working closely with research scientists and technical teams from idea generation through implementation.
· Experience developing ML models in real-world environments and integrating AI/ML and other AWS services into large-scale production applications
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.View More
More jobs from our partners (63)
AmazonSoftware Development Engineer, AWS AI, Computer Vision ML on9 February 2021Any
ApplePower and Performance Tech Lead – Video Computer Vision on22 February 2021Any