Company Type: Public Company
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.
Joining Intuitive Surgical means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
Primary Function Of Position
We are seeking a Software Engineer to join the Imaging and Intelligence Group at Intuitive Surgical. The Software Engineer will work on products that help us invent the future of imaging-based intelligent robotic surgery. This position is primarily responsible for supporting products that interface with the da Vinci® platforms. This engineer will contribute to improving efficiency around the back-end infrastructures for products by developing new tools, automating workflows around data processing pipelines for machine learning (ML) and artificial intelligence (AI), and enhancing run-time performance of existing modules. The successful candidate with strong software development and integration skills will have opportunities to work on state-of-the-art products and technologies within the da Vinci® platforms. A strong sense of shared responsibility and shared reward is required, as is the ability to make work fun and interesting.
- Develop software tools to enhance the usability and performance of a networked system that enables annotation of image and video data for image-guided surgery.
- Work on distributed ML/AI data processing system to improve the efficiency and run-time performance of the system.
- Create libraries and applications that enable easy and effective access to data of different characteristics such as events, images, and videos from the da Vinci system.
- Create software tools to facilitate the debugging and development of new products (CLI, GUI, web-based).
- Write scripts to automate and streamline the workflows and processes around product development.
- Contribute to continuous integration infrastructures for product development, testing, and build and release.
- Generate technical documentation on software (design document, user guides). Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering, with minimum of five (5) years of industry experience. Master’s degree with minimum of three (3) years of industry experienced is preferred.
- Experience with Linux is required (cross-platform experience is a plus).
- Experience with scripting languages such as Bash and Python is required.
- Experience with Qt or a similar C++ graphical user interface (GUI) toolkit is required.
- Experience with SW development life cycles and repository management solutions (git and subversion) is required.
- Hands-on software development skills in C and C++ is a plus.
- Understanding of modern software design methodologies (OOP, design patterns) is a plus.
- Experience with continuous integration/test infrastructure is a plus.
- Experience with cloud computing and storage platforms (AWS, GCP, etc) is a plus.
- Experience with CUDA is a plus.
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.