Are you passionate about using Big Data to build customer trust and grow new business? Global advertisers rely on our team’s performance insights to drive future investment in Amazon’s Advertising Platform and improve the relevance of ads shown to customers. We’re looking for strong Software Engineers that can combine EMR, Redshift, Hadoop, Elastic Search and other technologies to build the next generation of our analytics and visualization platform. If this sounds interesting we’d love to hear from you!
Amazon is well positioned to grow its share of a fast growing online advertising industry due to its unique assets – e-commerce data, service oriented architecture, and startup culture. Be part of a team of industry leading experts that builds and operates one of the largest big data analytics platform at Amazon. Amazon is applying the latest machine learning and big data technologies available to change the way marketers purchase, track, measure, and optimize their advertising spend. We apply these technologies on terabytes of data (over 10B new events per day) and operate clusters that push scalability limits of existing technologies. We seek to measure every possible signal indicating impact of advertising to provide the most objective result of marketing spends.
This role will involve designing and developing software products that impact many areas of our business. The individual in this role will be responsible for defining requirements, creating software designs, implementing code to these specifications, providing thorough unit and integration testing, and supporting products in production.
· 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
· Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
· 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
· Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design
· Computer Science fundamentals in data structures
· Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
· Experience with at least one modern programming language such as Java, C, C++, C#, Java, or Python
· 3+ years professional experience in software development
· Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
· Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
· Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
· Solid understanding of RESTful web services and architecture
· Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs.
· Experience improving web latency in complex large scale deployments.
· Experience in databases, analytics, big data systems or business intelligence products
· Experience mentoring and training other engineers
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation
More jobs from our partners (40)
Wells FargoSoftware Engineer Specialty – Big Data Engineer/Data Scientist on5 December 2020Any
AppleAI/ML – Software Engineer (Siri Rotational Program) on5 December 2020Any
NetflixSenior Distributed Software Engineer – Big Data Infrastructure on4 December 2020Full Time