Company Type: Privately Held
What if Alexa, Siri or Watson were any good at holding conversations? What if that conversation can be used for improving a child’s educational development and help them do better in school? What if you had a hand in making that happen?
Who We Are:
DMAI is an early-stage startup committed to developing top-notch Artificial Intelligence (AI) technologies for education. As a team of UCLA and Harvard alumni including post-docs, PhDs, and undergrads, we’re looking for highly motivated individuals that are willing to develop creative solutions. At DMAI, you’ll work alongside a growing team of experienced researchers and accomplished entrepreneurs in Computer Vision, NLP, and unified AI.
Where We Are:
DMAI’s office is located in the heart of the Westwood Village area of Los Angeles. We are less than a mile away from UCLA and a short ride to Beverly Hills, Santa Monica, and the Los Angeles Airport. Westwood Village provides all the best that LA has to offer in a relaxed, neighborhood atmosphere.
Who You Are:
We are seeking experienced software engineers to build our Artificial Intelligence data and service platform. You are a team player that is able not just to survive in a fast-paced startup environment but thrive. You’re able to execute tasks efficiently, communicate effectively, and own your work. You’re passionate about the potential for AI in education and want to lead the charge in building it.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related fields.
- Experience with platform development using 2+ languages from C++, Java, Python, Go, etc.
- Experience with development in the GNU/Linux environment.
- Solid programming and problem solving skills in algorithm and data structure.
- Experience with practices of Cloud Computing (GCP, AWS, or Aliyun).
- Experience with protocols like gRPC or RESTful.
- Experience with container and container orchestration.
- Experience with operation of high-availability services.
- Experience with continuous integration and testing procedures.
- Knowledge in machine learning and artificial intelligence, or willing to learn.
What We Offer
- Competitive Salary and Equity
- Medical, Dental, Vision, HSA Option
- Generous PTO
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Commuter Benefits
- Dog Friendly Office
- Office Snacks, Drinks and Fruit
- A team culture that celebrates each member’s contribution!
You Should Know:
DMAI provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. In addition to federal law requirements, DMAI complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.