SHIFT: Day Job
Your Talent. Our Vision. At Anthem, Inc., its a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which were creating greater access to care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care.
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve at one of America’s leading health benefits companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company.
Position Location: Atlanta, GA.
The Solutions Engineer position will be responsible for evaluating, designing and developing technical solutions within the technology functions of the company in accordance with the policies and practices of Anthem. Also this position will be responsible for hands-on analysis and design of various current and new data warehouse initiatives while maintaining the exceptional level of professionalism and customer service standards that Anthem has attained within the healthcare industry.
PRIMARY DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Make ongoing recommendations of solution standards and system configurations
- Serve as an Architect/Engineer for all Data warehouse and other data integration technologies
- Analyzing the systems and requirements to provide best technical solutions
- Define systems requirements and specification
- Enabling an innovative approach to solution engineering which greatly increase the flexibility, scalability, and reliability of IT services at a lower cost
- Leading design reviews, planning, developing and resolving technical issues
- Driving the analysis, design, and development of a roadmap and implementation plan based upon a current vs. future state in a cohesive solution architecture viewpoint
- Delivering highly complex solution & Design using in-depth knowledge within the business domain
- Partner with other architects and engineering teams to define, design and implement components of the platform and application architecture.
- Understand the practicalities of DevOps style (agile/lean) approaches to software development.
- Partner with other architects and engineering teams to define, design and implement customer interfaces
- Assist in technical presentations and info-sharing sessions to create a clear and uniform understanding of the new systems to various constituents within
- Provide guidance and lead resolution of technical issues as they arise.
- Lead and support the needs of strategic roadmap and Blueprint activity.
- Responsible for creating roadmap documents, architectural documents, process documents, standards documents and governance documents.
- At times, responsible for assisting with client and project engagements to document technical requirements for database, applications, integration, infrastructure, etc.
- Drive the design and construction of a clients complex business problems into innovative technology solutions.
- Owns the change request process and coordinates with other teams as necessary.
- Develops and owns list of final enhancements, also performs technical design reviews and code reviews.
Bachelors degree in information technology, computer science, or related field required
7+ years of experience with data technologies including Hadoop(Cloudera), HBase, Spark, Hive, RedShift etc.,; or any combination of education or experience that equals this.
Strong experience with data integration technologies including Apache NiFi, Glue (or similar tools)
Experience implementing solutions on the Public Cloud (AWS preferred) in production environment.
Experience using AWS native tools and services (S3, EBS, EC2, EMR, CloudFormation, and Lambda).
Experience creating artifacts within an solution architect framework
Experience in facilitating transformational change through the use of innovative solution architecture roadmaps.
Experience with Architecture and Design tools a plus.
What It Takes:
Be able to understand big picture from requirements in order to architect robust design solutions
Data Architecture to support various domains within the PBM business at IngenioRX
Reinforce your knowledge of IT development, architecture design and technical standards by getting involved in everything from modeling to testing
Experience in automated unit, integration and end-end testing
Problem-solver and a team player
AWS certification will be nice to have: AWS Developer/Architect/DevOps/Big Data
Specializations that’ll make an impact; Experience in AWS technologies such as EC2, Cloud formation, AWS Lambda, EMR Cluster, AWS S3, Data Dog, and AWS Analytics
Big data related AWS technologies like HIVE, Spark, ETL, AWS Glue, Presto, Hadoop, Athena, RedShift; Snowflake experience will be a nice to have in terms of design and implementation
Experience with CI/CD pipeline tools like Bamboo, Jenkins; Functional knowledge of Python, Java and Scala
Anthem, Inc. is ranked as one of Americas Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine and is a 2018 DiversityInc magazine Top 50 Company for Diversity. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. An Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran.View More
More jobs from our partners (925)
Franklin Infotech Inc.Azure ML-Big Data Engineer | Location : Plano/Dallas, TX on23 January 2021Any
AppleAI/ML – Architecture Engineer, ML Platform & Technology on17 January 2021Any
AppleComputer Vision Algorithm Engineer – Near-Field Object Recognition and 3D Reconstruction on20 January 2021Any
AppleAI/ML – Senior Software Development Engineer in Test on14 January 2021Any