Sr. Data Analyst
General Mills is reshaping the future of food. We believe food makes us better. It nourishes our bodies, brings us joy and connects us to each other. As one of the world’s leading food companies, General Mills operates in more than 100 countries and markets more than 100 consumer brands, including Cheerios, Nature Valley, Betty Crocker, Yoplait, Annie’s Homegrown, Old El Paso, Epic Provisions, Blue Buffalo and more. Are you passionate about the future of food? You’ve come to the right table. We want the very best talent to help lead something big.
As a Data Analyst, you will work closely with a multidisciplinary agile team to build high quality data pipelines and drive analytic solutions. These solutions will generate insights from our connected make data, enabling General Mills to advance the data-driven decision-making capabilities of our enterprise. This role requires an understanding of data architecture, data engineering, data analysis, reporting, and a basic understanding of data science techniques and workflows. We are looking for an exceptional person who has an entrepreneurial spirit and is passionate about data analysis.
As part of the Data Analyst, you will find a unique opportunity to grow both your business acumen and technical skills in the Data and Analytics space. Typical work will include partnering closely to understand stakeholder needs and ensuring solutions are in place to meet business demands.You will build and maintain internal cross functional relationships. You will partner to advance internal technical resources to develop new capabilities helping us evolve. A successful candidate will have the right blend of delivering on stakeholder needs, managing cross-functional relationships, business acumen, and storytelling skills.
Analyst responsibilities for the Technology and Solutions product team include:
- Collaborate with others within the make function, serving as an analytic consultant
- Collaboratively troubleshoot data, technical and performance issues in the make space.
- Complete significant data analysis, manipulation and validation as we create/migrate data sources
- Create strong relationships with the broad array of internal stakeholders to understand and capture their business needs.
- Solve complex data problems to deliver insights that helps our business to achieve their goals
- Create data products for business users, analytics and data scientist team members to improve their productivity
- Foster a culture of sharing, re-use, design for scale stability, and operational efficiency of data and analytical solutions
- Partner with business to define functional requirements including data, configuration, and integration needs and translate into technical requirements and prioritized use cases.
- Diagnose problems and restore service promptly by working with system users, other members of the IS Department, software vendors, and service providers.
- Develop subject matter expertise and consult on MQIS, MES and plant floor data/systems.
- Identify and articulate process impacts on technology/data and potential constraints
- Entrepreneurial spirit and is passionate about data analytics
- Bachelors Degree required; Computer Science, MIS, or Engineering preferred
- Minimum 3 years supporting/delivering complex IT solutions
- Database development experience using Oracle, SQL Server, SAP BW or SAP HANA
- Process mindset with experience creating, documenting and implementing standard processes
- Effective verbal and written communication and influencing skills.
- Effective analytical and technical skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Passion for agile software processes, data-driven development, reliability, and experimentation
- Experience working with BI tools such as Tableau, Power BI, Looker, Shiny
- Conceptual knowledge of data and analytics, such as dimensional modeling, ETL, reporting tools, data governance, data warehousing, structured and unstructured data.
- Knowledge of Data Preparation, Data Wrangling, and Feature Engineering
- Strong collaboration and communication skills with stakeholders
- Agility to deliver with sense of urgency, consistently meeting tight timelines
- Ability to work in a cross-functional project team and capable of working with highly technical teams (i.e., developers and data providers)
- Strong business and analytical skills for gathering and understanding requirements and building partnerships with our product manager and owner
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as in a collaborative team environment
- Fundamentals of Excel (including Pivot Tables and connecting to external data sources)
- 5+ years supporting/delivering complex IT solutions
- C#, Python or R development experience
- Familiarity with Kafka
- Familiarity with the Linux operating system
- Experience with OLAP such as SSAS (Tabular), AtScale, SSAS, SAP BW, Essbase
- Advanced Excel skills such as PowerQuery, PowerPivot, and VBA
- Experience with data visualization tools (i.e. Tableau, Power BI)
- Experience with MQIS and MES Reporting
- Familiarity with Data flow expertise
- Job Scheduling experience
- Experience working in a global team and remote team members
More jobs from our partners (804)
New Level ResourcesDigital Marketing Data Analyst (Marketing Analyst) on21 October 2020Any