Amazon Transportation Services Linehaul, Surface Transportation Technology, Data Engineering team is seeking a highly skilled and motivated Data Engineer to join our team. The ATS Linehaul business is growing rapidly in both scope and scale, and the data required to support the critical business decisions in this space is provided by the Data Engineering team. Our ideal candidate is someone who is always learning and improving as the business grows and the tools and technologies available in the AWS and data analytics world continue to evolve. This candidate must be able to manage the ambiguity of planning for a moving target of industry changes, while focusing on day to day requirements and operations. If you enjoy innovating, thinking big, moving fast, and want to contribute directly to the success of an industry changing business, you may be a prime candidate for this position.
· Design, implement, and support a platform providing ad-hoc access to large data sets
· Interface with other technology teams to extract, transform, and load data from a wide variety of data sources
· Implement data structures using best practices in data modeling, ETL/ELT processes, and SQL, Redshift, and OLAP technologies
· Model data and metadata for ad-hoc and pre-built reporting
· Interface with business customers, gathering requirements and delivering complete reporting solutions
· Build robust and scalable data integration (ETL) pipelines using SQL, Python and Spark.
· Build and deliver high quality data sets to support business analyst, data scientists, and customer reporting needs.
· Continually improve ongoing reporting and analysis processes, automating or simplifying self-service support for customers
· Participate in strategic & tactical planning discussions, including annual budget processes
· Bachelor’s degree or higher in a quantitative/technical field (e.g. Computer Science, Statistics, Engineering).
· 5+ years of relevant experience in one of the following areas: Data engineering, database engineering, business intelligence or business analytics.
· 5+ years of hands-on experience in writing complex, highly-optimized SQL queries across large data sets.
· 3+ years of experience in scripting languages like Python etc.
· Demonstrated strength in data modeling, ETL development, and Data warehousing. Data Warehousing
· Experience with Redshift, Oracle, etc.
· Experience with AWS services including S3, Redshift, EMR and RDS.
· Experience with Big Data Technologies (Hadoop, Hive, Hbase, Pig, Spark, etc.)
· Experience in working and delivering end-to-end projects independently.
· Knowledge of distributed systems as it pertains to data storage and computing
· Proven success in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe data modeling decisions and data engineering strategy
· Experience providing technical leadership and mentoring other engineers for best practices on data engineering
· Knowledge of software engineering best practices across the development lifecycle, including agile methodologies, coding standards, code reviews, source management, build processes, testing, and operations
· Masters in computer science, mathematics, statistics, economics, or other quantitative field
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.View More