Searching for a place to make your mark? Every great team depends on the individual contributions of its members – the skills, talents and the passion that each team member brings. At Citizens, we’re building a workforce of top achievers committed to our company’s mission and vision. Our company values the knowledge that comes from experienced and dedicated individuals with a variety of backgrounds, in or out of insurance.
Citizens’ Mission is to provide property insurance protection in Florida to those who are, in good faith, unable to obtain coverage through the private market while also providing the utmost in customer service. Our Values are public service, integrity, respect, responsiveness and sound judgment. We strive to not only provide affordable insurance products and services but also to provide sound financial responsibility to the citizens of Florida.
At Citizens, we are a team of dedicated, service-minded professionals committed to our policyholders. Come achieve and maximize your potential with us!
Our Corporate Analytics team is seeking a Sr. Data Science Analyst to support the data science function across the Enterprise with all steps in data analyses: data processing, modeling and analysis. This includes making intermediate to complex modifications to existing processes or models and providing support for developing complex new ones.
Job Duties / Essential Functions:
Models ethical behavior and executes job responsibilities in accordance with Citizens core values, ethics, and information protection policies.
- Data programming: Lead development of smaller data programming projects or adding of functionality to larger ones. Support development of entirely new and complex data programming projects.
- Data Modeling: Lead updating of existing models or creation of simple new models, and support validation of models and creation of new, complex models.
- Data Analysis: Lead initial analysis that relates data aggregation or model results and their relation to a Citizens business decision, including use of writing or data visualization.
- Data processing may include use of SQL, SSIS, R, python, etc., and should involve good coding practices. Models may include time series, linear models, hierarchical models, credibility models, gradient boosted models, etc. Reports may involve significant writing and explanation, figures that will be presented to the public, etc.
- Support routine running of data processing, modeling, or analysis processes, as well as intermediate to complex ad-hoc adjustments. May require updating of programming code in R, python, SQL, etc.; time series or regression modeling; maximum likelihood methods; Bayesian inference with MCMC; creating maps; updating EXCEL & WORD docs; use of source control; etc.
- Perform exploratory data analysis as needed to support act of data processing, modeling, analysis or reporting. May require creating histograms, parallel coordinates plots, principal component analyses, kernel density estimation, maps, LOESS models, generalized additive models, etc.
- Aggregate data or modeling results. Reports may be EXCEL or WORD documents, maps, interactive dashboards, or other in formats as needed. May require use of SQL, COGNOS business intelligence products, R, python, etc.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a quantitative field such as Actuarial Science, Mathematics or Statistics OR 4 years relevant experience, OR a combination of college education and relevant experience equivalent to 4 years
- Six (6) years of experience working with data retrieval, cleaning, modeling in an environment such as R, SAS, SPSS, EMBLEM, etc.; or quantitatively analyzing detailed data. Experience to include scientific programming language like R, C++, Python, etc. Master%27s (or educational equivalence w/in PhD program) Math, Statistics, Actuarial Science, ACAS, FCAS may substitute for 2 years of experience. PhD Math, Science, Statistics, Actuarial Science, may substitute for 4 years of experience.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Advanced knowledge of programming
- Advanced understanding of modeling/machine learning
- Solid knowledge of insurance
- Advanced analytical skills
- Advanced knowledge of data programming
- Scientific programming (R, C++, Python, Fortran, etc.)
- Advanced data programming skills
- Ability to create advanced tables and figures
- Ability to effectively work in a team environment
- Data visualization
Preferred Education, Skills and Experience:
- Education concentration in quantitative field such as math, computer science, actuarial science, statistics, physics, etc., with some exposure to programming in classes, or through self-study, and math through vector calculus.
- Advanced degree or ACAS or FCAS designation
- P&C insurance data experience
We offer unlimited career potential, excellent training and development opportunities, and a structured Career Development program to explore future roles of interest while growing and developing in your existing role.
Citizens offers a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes comprehensive medical/dental, Retirement Savings Plan, Vacation and Sick Time, EAP, Tuition Reimbursement, Community Service and much more!
- Retirement savings plan with a generous company match
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
- Company Paid employee basic life insurance and short-term disability
- Generous paid time off: vacation, sick and holiday leave
- Employee Assistance and Wellness Programs
- Tuition reimbursement
- Professional and leadership development opportunities
- Flexible work schedule and Alternative Work Arrangements
- Company Paid Parking
- Employee recognition programs
- Relocation assistance (where applicable)
- Community and volunteering opportunities
- Casual dress
Citizens is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
More jobs from our partners (694)
SpotifyAssociate Data Scientist, FP&A – Automation & Tooling on6 March 2021Full Time