The AWS Human Resources Operations and Analytics organization is a critical piece of the AWS flywheel. We are the curators of people data for the industry leader in Cloud Computing. As pioneers in this space, we get to answer new and interesting problems in the People Analytics space, always at scale, and across a variety of business and technical leaders. Our data is sourced from a variety of internal and external sources. The work we do enables leaders to continue to make industry shaking decisions with the knowledge that they are doing so based on reliably sourced and responsibly secured data. We own systems and database environments which are built with reliability and security as the foundation on which balances accessibility, speed, scale, and insight generation. Our systems of self-service data today will quickly evolve into self-service insights in 2021 and beyond.
Data Scientists on this team have end to end range and capabilities. They work directly with business owners to understand how they use data to drive their business. They design modeling frameworks to dive deep into these raw sources of information to get the most out of the data they have. They work directly with data engineers to build automated pipelines and production scale information systems and models. They build automated tools which will allow their results to be shared with the business at scale. They align with business owners to continuously track their work to ensure maximum impact from their projects. They monitor performance of their work to evaluate whether improvements are needed after tracking has started in production.
· 5+ Years of experience in data science/analysis/engineering
· 3+ Years of experience applying Statistics/Data Science/Machine Learning
· 3+ Years of Scripting experience in Python/R or other scripting languages
· 2+ Years of SQL experience
· 2+ Years of experience in Data Visualization using AWS Quicksight, Tableau, R Shiny, other off the shelf products, or scripting directly
· Bachelor’s Degree in Data Science, Computer Science, Information Systems, Data Analytics, or related scientific, technical, or engineering field
· Background in Industrial/Organizational Psychology, People Analytics, Talent Management, Geospatial Analyses
· Expert-level knowledge of SQL
· Working knowledge of AWS tech stack. Glue, Redshift, EMR, S3, EC2, Lambda will be used regularly in this role
· Experience as a leader/mentor of data analytics resources
· Proficient in Scala/Spark/Hadoop
· Experience documenting modeling for technical and business leaders
· Experience working with data engineers/business intelligence engineers collaboratively
· Experience in ETL Management/Data Pipeline experience
· Master’s Degree in scientific, technical or engineering field
This team is domestically based in Seattle, WA and in the Arlington, VA area. Roles can be accepted for either local.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.View More