Are you seeking an environment where you can drive innovation? Do you want to apply causal inference, advanced statistical modeling and machine learning techniques to solve world’s most challenging problems in Supply Chain? Do you want to play a crucial role in the future of Amazon’s Retail business? Do you want to be a part of a journey that develops a new technology from scratch for answering critical business question in Amazon Retail?
Every time an Amazon customer makes a purchase, a number of systems are involved: these systems help optimize inventory acquisition, enable a number of purchase options, ensure great pricing, store products so they are available for fast delivery, and minimize package frustration. The Supply Chain Optimization Technology (SCOT) Group develops and manages these systems. We are central to Amazon customers’ ability to find what they want and get it when they want it.
The IPC Lab team within SCOT is responsible for designing and executing the causal inference and experimentation systems that measure the impact of SCOT initiatives. We are looking for applied scientists to drive innovation in SCOT by developing a new scientific approach and pushing our system further upstream in the innovation process. Key responsibilities of an Senior Applied Scientist in IPC Lab include:
· Developing new statistical, causal, and machine learning techniques and develop solution prototypes to drive innovation
· Working with technical and non-technical customers to design experiments and communicate results
· Collaborating with our dedicated software team to create production implementations for large-scale data analysis
· Developing an understanding of key business metrics / KPIs and providing clear, compelling analysis that shapes the direction of our business
· Presenting research results to our internal research community
· Leading training and informational sessions on our science and capabilities
Your contributions will be seen and recognized broadly within Amazon, contributing to the Amazon research corpus and patent portfolio.
To help describe some of our challenges, we created a short video about Supply Chain Optimization at Amazon –
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
· Master’s degree (or Bachelor’s degree + 8 years of experience) in a quantitative discipline such as Statistics, Mathematics, Data Science, Business Analytics, Economics, Finance, Engineering, or Computer Science
· 5+ years of experience working as a data scientist or a similar role involving data extraction, analysis, statistical modeling, and communication
· 5+ years of experience using data querying languages (), scripting languages , or statistical/mathematical software (, SAS, Matlab, etc.)
· PhD degree in machine learning, computer science, statistics, applied mathematics or related field with 5+ year relevant experience
· Strong problem solving and analytical abilities
· Proficiency in statistical software such as R, SAS, STATA, etc.
· At least 5+ years hands on experience programming in , or other similar programming language
· Experience with languages such as Python
· Strong verbal and written communication skills and an ability to work in a team environment
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce.
More jobs from our partners (732)
AppleSr. Data Scientist, Wallet, Payments, & Commerce – Raleigh on26 July 2021Any
AppleData Scientist, Wallet, Payments, & Commerce – Austin on27 July 2021Any
AppleSr. Data Scientist, ML Model Evaluation – Apple Media Products on27 July 2021Any
AppleSr. Data Scientist, Wallet, Payments, & Commerce – Austin on26 July 2021Any
AppleData Scientist, Wallet, Payments, & Commerce – Raleigh on27 July 2021Any