Come and be part of the Amazon AWS Artificial Intelligence finance team! We are a cloud AWS service that helps customers run machine learning algorithms on various Big Data systems in a scalable and cost-effective manner. With Machine Learning, businesses now ask our machines to do more than repetitive, strictly-defined tasks. We are taking it one step further and have begun to ask them to not only learn on their own but to also interpret data and report to the customer before they even knew they needed it. It’s a step in history for you to be a part of.
AWS Finance seeks a world class Senior Financial Analyst to be a key member of its team. This position will work closely with finance management as well as key business partners across the AWS organization, including Product Managers and Engineers, to drive thoughtful analysis and controllership in the AWS Artificial Intelligence (AI) businesses.
Some key responsibilities will include:
· Taking the lead in financial planning; building complex financial models and analytical tools to measure overall financial performance
· Managing the AWS AI P&L and influencing business decisions that drive revenue and/or capital expenditures
· Developing short and long range financial/operational forecasts
· Developing and standardizing financial reports
· Providing financial recommendations on a variety of investments, deal negotiations, new product launches and regional expansions as well as the capital expenditure planning for a new product/region roll-out.
· Supporting business partners at Amazon requires the ability to dissent, while building trust with your business partners. A successful analyst will gain the reputation for “being right a lot.”
· Additional responsibilities include helping refine the capacity planning process and modeling improvements to help drive positive Free Cash Flow.
This role requires a self-starter with a strong financial modeling background, problem solving skills, a keen attention to detail, ability to work in a fast-paced environment with ambiguous situations, and solid skills in project management. This role has regular interaction with various business units across Amazon and requires strong people skills.
· BA/BS degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, Engineering and/or similar discipline with analytical bias and minimum 5 years of finance experience, OR master’s degree and 3 years of experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Advanced knowledge of Excel/ financial modeling
· Strong financial modeling skills, including knowledge of SQL
· Strong interpersonal skills — including written and oral communication skills
· An ability to meet tight deadlines and prioritize workload
· An ability to develop new ideas and creative solutions
· An ability to work independently and self-motivate in a fast-paced and rapidly-changing environment
· Knowledge of cloud computing industry
· Experience in a technology company or high-tech environment
· Experience with TM1/Cognos or similar tools
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.View More
More jobs from our partners (178)
AppleMachine Learning / AI – Engineering & Research Internship (NeurIPS 2020) on1 December 2020Any
AmazonMultiple Positions – Software Development Manager (Machine Learning) on30 November 2020Any
AmazonMultiple Positions – Senior Technical Program Manager (Machine Learning) on30 November 2020Any
AppleMachine Learning Engineer – Segmentation and Depth Estimation (TDG) on28 November 2020Any
AppleMachine Learning Engineer – Fraud Engineering, Algorithms, and Risk on27 November 2020Any