We seek an experienced functional safety engineer to be the stakeholder for the safety and certification of robot systems. You will define safety and certification requirements, guide the program to meet those requirements, report status to Leadership, and identify and implement process improvements. You will establish yourself as a leader and help to solve ambiguous and complex questions.
You will collaborate with an experienced and gifted cross-functional staff to collectively conceive of, design, and produce innovative products. Your contributions will span the entire product design lifecycle—from concept to sustaining. Your input will help specify product definition, execution, and testing. You will engage with design teams, including Ring and Amazon Robotics, and you will direct compliance testing and international certification activities to enable a global launch.
Amazon Lab126 is an innovative research and development company that creates groundbreaking devices like the Kindle, Fire tablets, Fire TV, Amazon Echo, and many others. What will you help us invent?
In this role, you will:
· Determine the applicable regulations, standards, and safety requirements for new and existing robot systems.
· Develop and apply formal safety analysis methods such as risk assessment, FMEDA, fault-tree analysis, and reliability modeling.
· Provide design guidance to meet functional safety requirements.
· Develop and drive safety and certification management plans.
· Define functional safety test/ validation plans and direct their execution.
· Evaluate systems against functional safety requirements (e.g. SIL, PD, DC, MTTF, etc.).
· Interface with external auditors to obtain robot and functional safety certifications.
· Influence system concepts and contribute initiative proposals.
· Stay abreast of industry activities by participating in standards development committees or other industry organizations relevant to Lab126.
· International travel as needed.
· BS / MS Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering, or similar field.
· 5+ years of experience with complex electromechanical systems.
· Experience leading safety programs for systems from concept through certification.
· Experience with the functional safety requirements and certification of multiple devices (e.g. ISO 13849, ISO 61508, IEC 62061, or equivalent).
· Experience obtaining functional safety certification for custom hardware and full-variability software.
· Experience applying safety standards for robotic systems (e.g. ISO 13482, ISO 10218, ISO 21384, ISO/PAS 21448, UL 1740).
· Experience leading risk assessments, FMEDAs, and calculating functional safety characteristics (DC, MTTF, etc.)
· Experience working from business needs to hardware delivery.
· Experience with systems analysis for safety or non-safety systems.
· Master’s or PhD degree in a relevant field.
· Certification or license as a functional safety engineer.
· Experience designing and building robotic systems.
· Proficiency with consumer hardware development processes.
· Demonstrated strong ability to move seamlessly between levels of abstraction – from system level to the “nuts and bolts” implementation details.
· Experience with standards development (e.g. ISO, IEC, RIA, ANSI, UL, etc.).
· Desire to commit and follow through on complex, multi-year programs.
· Ability to resolve complex issues in creative, efficient, and effective ways.
· Desire to work in a fast-paced environment.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / AgeView More
More jobs from our partners (65)
AmazonSr. Applied Scientist – Computer Vision/ML/Robotics on1 December 2020Any
AmazonRegional Environmental Manager – Amazon Robotics (Mountain Region – Colorado) on29 November 2020Any
AmazonSenior Regional Environmental Manager – Amazon Robotics – East (Virtual US) on29 November 2020Any
AmazonSenior Regional Environmental Manager – Amazon Robotics – West (Virtual US) on29 November 2020Any
AmazonSr. Applied Scientist – Computer Vision/ML/Robotics on30 November 2020Any