If your idea of fun is taking on the challenge of building the next generation of AI-driven capabilities that break new ground for conversational AI, we should talk!
Our mission is to push the envelope in conversational AI – automatic speech recognition (ASR), natural language understanding (NLU), dialog systems, machine learning – to provide the best possible customer experience.
This team is within Alexa AI which is a hybrid science and engineering team. You will partner with scientists and platform engineers to help bringing those new Conversational AI capabilities to Alexa.
Our engineers are self-motivated and customer-focused individuals with good instincts for developing software services with forward looking APIs. These skills help us define the leading edge for elegant, super-scalable services for Alexa. The ideal candidate will have strong distributed systems and web services design and implementation experience. The person should have a sound understanding of the fundamentals of computer science and practical experience building large-scale distributed systems using C++/Java in a Linux/Unix environment. An ideal candidate should enjoy working on complex system software, be customer-centric, and feel passionate not only about building great software but about making that software achieve its goals as an owner of one of Amazon’s flagship services.
· 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
· 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
· 4+ years of professional software development experience
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
· 5+ years of industry experience.
· Experience building scalable infrastructure software or distributed systems for commercial online services.
· Experience in design.
· MS or PhD in Computer Science or equivalent
· Experience developing cloud software services and an understanding of design for scalability, performance and reliability.
· Excellence in technical communication with peers and non-technical cohorts
· Experience with Machine Learning
· Experience with Natural Language Understanding or Speech systems
– Experience with Alexa Skills development.
· Experience building frameworks for creating applications on various platforms
· Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive.
· Demonstrated leadership abilities in an engineering environment in driving operational excellence and best practices.
· Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast paced environment.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / AgeView More