Are you interested in building AWS AI services that use computer vision and applied machine learning to develop new external facing services that are solving hard AI problems?
The Amazon Rekognition team (https://aws.amazon.com/rekognition/) is looking for software development engineers who have the passion to tackle tough problems by bringing cutting edge deep learning technologies to customer facing computer vision products at Amazon Web Services (AWS). Amazon Rekognition image and video APIs enable you to quickly add sophisticated features such as visual search, image classification and face recognition to your applications. Amazon Rekognition Custom Labels APIs allow you to identify objects and scenes in images that are specific to your business needs
As a lead software development engineer on the Amazon Rekognition team, you will design and develop fast, efficient and highly scalable deep learning algorithms that are applied to challenging image and video recognition problems. You will work with senior scientists and engineers within Amazon AI and develop high quality software that is robust and reliable.
You will get to:
· Decide what features and performance improvements to build
· Drive software engineering best practices
· Design distributed and scalable systems
· Provide technical leadership and contribute to the definition, development, integration, test, documentation, and support new AI Services
· Instill best practices for software development and documentation, making sure designs meet requirements, and delivering high quality software on tight schedules
Our team culture has a strong focus on a work-life balance. We believe that striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical for long term success and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we are building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a well-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences.
· 4+ years of professional software development experience
· 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
· 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
· Bachelor’s Degree or above in Computer Science or related field
· Strong Computer Science fundamentals, including object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, and complexity analysis
· Strong problem solving skills
· Knowledge of professional software engineering and best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
· Experience building software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
· Masters or PhD in Computer Science
· 10+ years of relevant software development and/or engineering management experience
· Experience with machine learning, deep learning, data mining, and/or statistical analysis tools
· Knowledge of professional software engineering practices and best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
· Experience with highly distributed, multi-tenet systems with clear state-full/state-less boundaries
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.View More
More jobs from our partners (47)
ApplePower and Performance Tech Lead – Video Computer Vision on21 April 2021Any
AmazonApplied Scientist, Prime Air (Computer Vision and Signal Processing) on21 April 2021Any