Have you ever wanted to work on state of the art Big Data, Query and Serverless systems that will make a lasting impact on technology?
We are looking for Software Dev Engineers for Amazon Athena who have the passion to tackle tough problems by bringing extensible, cutting edge query technologies to customers around the world.
Amazon Athena uses Presto with ANSI SQL support and works with a variety of standard data formats, including CSV, JSON, ORC, Avro, and Parquet. Athena is ideal for quick, ad-hoc querying but it can also handle complex analysis, including large joins, window functions, and arrays. Amazon Athena is highly available; and executes queries using compute resources across multiple facilities and multiple devices in each facility.
Software Development Engineers at Amazon do so much more than just software development. We’ll be looking at you to help:
· Decide what features to build.
· Drive software engineering best practice.
· Design distributed and scalable systems.
· Test and document the software you develop.
This is a senior engineering role and you’ll have the opportunity to help shape our product roadmap and business direction and work and consult with principal engineers who are world-class experts in the field.
· 4+ years of professional software development experience
· 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
· 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
· BS, MS in Computer Science, Applied Math or related engineering fields or work experience.
· Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, complexity analysis, problem solving and diagnosis.
· Can translate user inputs to software requirements and design specifications and effectively communicate with team members.
· Experience with serverless, big data, ETL technologies at scale
· Experience taking projects from scoping requirements through V1 launch and V2 iterations.
· Knowledge of professional software engineering practices and best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
· Experience with highly distributed systems.
· Proficiency with open source technologies such as Presto, Hive, Apache Spark, or Apache Impala.
· Experience in production-scale software development.
· Familiarity with JDBC/ODBC, SQL query processing, and distributed query engines
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
More jobs from our partners (2615)
AppleAI/ML – Machine Learning Researcher / Computational Neuroscientist, Machine Intelligence on23 September 2020Any