External job description
Have you ever wanted to work on state of the art Big Data, Query and Serverless systems that will make a lasting impact on technology?
We are looking for Sr. Software Development Engineers for AWS Athena who have the passion to tackle tough problems by building cutting edge serverless query engine technologies to customers around the world. We are used by one of the biggest names in tech and the business world for their analytics.
Athena is ANSI SQL engine that works with a variety of standard data formats, including CSV, JSON, ORC, Avro, and Parquet. Athena is ideal for quick, ad-hoc querying but it can also handle complex analysis, including large joins, window functions, and arrays and everything traditional DW can do. Athena is highly available and executes queries using compute resources across multiple sites.
Sr. SDEs at Amazon do so much more than just software development. We’ll be looking at you to help:
· Decide what features to build
· Drive software engineering best practice.
· Design performant, distributed and scalable systems.
This is a senior engineering role and you’ll have the opportunity to shape our product roadmap and business direction and work and consult with principal engineers who are world-class experts in the field.
We are looking for a person who likes to work hard and play hard. We strive to keep our team fast by removing overhead consistencies. We want everyone to feel included and have fun; we even do virtual happy hours during covid-19 isolation.
Mentorship and Career Growth
One of the keys to AWS’s success is its top-tier growth culture. You will have the opportunity to work with multiple AWS development leaders who can help you accelerate your career and bring ideas to market. You will be working closely with a talented team of engineers, product managers, and software managers that will push your technical abilities while you bring new innovations to a widely adopted and fast growing product.
· 4+ years of professional software development experience
· 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
· 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
· BS, MS in Computer Science, Applied Math or related engineering fields or work experience.
· Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, complexity analysis, problem solving and diagnosis.
· Can translate user inputs to software requirements and design specifications and effectively communicate with team members.
· Experience with serverless, big data, ETL technologies at scale
· Experience taking projects from scoping requirements through V1 launch and V2 iterations.
· Knowledge of professional software engineering practices and best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
· Experience with highly distributed systems.
· Proficiency with open source technologies such as Presto, Hive, Apache Spark, or Apache Impala.
· Experience in production-scale software development.
· Familiarity with JDBC/ODBC, SQL query processing, and distributed query engines
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
More jobs from our partners (906)
AppleDeep Learning Algorithm Engineer, 3D Pose – Body Technologies on14 November 2020Any
AppleSenior 3D Reconstruction Computer Vision Algorithm Engineer on19 November 2020Any
AppleAI/ML – Architecture Engineer, ML Platform & Technology on23 November 2020Any
AppleAI/ML – Annotation Quality Analyst – Japanese language on23 November 2020Any
AppleComputer Vision / Gaze Tracking Algorithms Engineer on24 November 2020Any