Data is everywhere and customers need to efficiently query and analyze petabytes of data interactively and fast is growing every year. Amazon Athena makes it all possible so everywhere can get insights in seconds.
We work at the core of what makes a query engine tick, developing new capabilities from the ground up that and doing it in the most performant and cost effective way while being exceptionally easy to use. We are a small, entrepreneurial team that operates independently, but with access to some of the top engineers in our field across AWS.
You are passionate about technology and computer science and want to go deep in areas like distributed systems, query engines, performance optimization, and operational excellence. You’ll also have the opportunity to work with and contribute to the leading open source big data and analytic frameworks like Hive, Spark, and Presto. You will enjoy competitive compensation and your contributions in this role will impact customers and businesses around the world.
As a senior leader, you’ll be responsible for designing, developing, testing and deploying some of our most strategic technical projects. You’ll deliver large-scale, high performance production systems, design new software systems at the cutting edge of distributed technology, and have a significant bottom-line impact on our business results. You will draw from your technical expertise to mentor engineers, complete hands-on technical work and provide leadership on complex technical issues.
This is a senior engineering role and you’ll have the opportunity to help shape our product roadmap and business direction and work and consult with principal engineers who are world-class experts in the field. You will be expected to deliver at a high level against ambiguous problems with minimal technical supervision. You will work directly with senior managers, principal engineers, and peer teams.
· 4+ years of professional software development experience
· 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
· 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
· Master’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent with 5+ years of experience OR Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent with 7+ years experience, in: software development of multi-threaded, scalable and highly-available distributed systems
· Strong at applying data structures, algorithms, and object oriented design, to solve challenging problems
· Expertise in one or more modern programming languages such as Java, C/, C#, Rust
· Passion and strong ability to debug, troubleshoot, and resolve highly complex performance and operational issues
· Experience building high-throughput, low-latency multi-threaded systems. e.g. mission-critical network servers, embedded reactive systems
· Experience designing and building sophisticated fault-tolerant distributed systems
· Experience taking a lead role in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
· Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
· Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy
· Knowledge and experience with networking, virtualization and Linux kernel modules are a plus
· Familiarity with JDBC/ODBC, SQL query processing, and distributed query engines
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
More jobs from our partners (2571)
AmazonSoftware Development Engineer, Alexa AI — New Initiative on25 September 2020Any
AppleAI/ML – Developer Tools Engineer, Siri Authoring Tools on25 September 2020Any
AppleManager – Big Data Engineering – Wallet & Apple Pay on24 September 2020Any
AmazonSr. Software Development Engineer – Big Data, Amazon Athena on14 September 2020Any
Expedia GroupSoftware Development Engineer II – Machine Learning on24 September 2020Full Time
AppleISE, Proactive -Chinese Machine Learning Software Engineer on24 September 2020Any