Are you excited about building high-performance robotic systems that can perceive, learn, and act intelligently alongside humans? The Robotics AI team is creating new products and technologies that make this possible, at Amazon scale.
The Robotics AI software team is seeking broad, curious senior software engineers to join our diverse, full-stack team. In addition to holistically designing, building, and delivering end-to-end robotic systems, our team is responsible for the core infrastructure and tools that serve as the backbone of our robotic applications, enabling roboticists, machine learning scientists, and software engineers to collaborate and deploy systems in the lab and in the field. Our work spans real-time software, machine learning engineering, big data, simulation, and more.
• Architect, design, and implement robotic software applications, infrastructure, and tools.
• Work with stakeholders across hardware, science, and operations teams to iterate on systems design and implementation.
• Create robust, high-quality, well-tested software to interface with and control sensors, actuators, and other hardware.
• Collaborate with machine learning and robotic controls experts to implement and deploy algorithms, such as machine learning models.
• Profile, tune, and optimize system performance.
• Create re-usable software and systems to accelerate robotics development.
• Maintain high standards by participating in reviews, designing for fault tolerance and operational excellence, and creating mechanisms for continuous improvement.
• Mentor junior team members.
· Bachelor’s Degree or greater in Computer Science/Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics, or equivalent.
· 8+ years of industry software development experience, with background in design patterns, data structures, and test-driven development.
· Proficiency developing production-quality software in languages such as C++, Python, or Java.
· Proficiency with professional software engineering practices & standard practices for the full software life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
· Experience in software design and architecture.
· Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills.
· Master’s or advanced Degree in Computer Science/Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics, or equivalent.
· 10+ years of industry software development experience, with background in design patterns, data structures, and test-driven development.
· Experience in one or more relevant technical areas: robotics, computer vision, machine learning, sensors, real-time systems, embedded systems, distributed systems, simulation, high-performance scientific computing, or building infrastructure for engineering/science users.
· Expertise in machine learning tool chains and techniques, such as TensorFlow or MxNet.
· Expertise building and testing real-time or safety-critical systems, such as aerospace, automotive, or medical devices.
· Experience with interdisciplinary developments that involve hardware, software, and algorithm co-design.
· Experience supporting large-scale infrastructure and tool development for scientific/engineering users.
· Solid fundamentals in operating systems, embedded systems, or systems programming.
· Demonstrable experience in building, programming and integrating software and hardware for robotic systems.
· Independent and ability to work with minimal direction.
· Demonstrated experience incubating and productionizing new technology, working closely with research scientists and technical teams from idea generation through implementation.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation /AgeView More
More jobs from our partners (38)
AppleAI/ML – Sr Software Engineer, ML Platform & Technology on23 November 2020Any
AppleAI/ML – Sr Software Engineer, ML Platform & Technology on24 November 2020Any
AppleCellular Platform Software Engineer (Analytics and Machine Learning) on1 December 2020Any
AmazonUnity Gaming Engine Software Engineer – AMAZON ROBOTICS – Westboro, MA on30 November 2020Any
AppleAI/ML – Software Engineer, Siri Experience Infrastructure on23 November 2020Any