Are you an experienced data warehouse and big data analytics specialist? Do you like to solve the most complex and high scale data challenges in the world today? Are you interested in helping Public Sector organizations implement innovative cloud computing solutions and solve technical problems? Be part of our Professional Services Public Sector organization!
Amazon Web Services is looking for highly talented and technical consultants to help accelerate our growing Professional Services business. This is an excellent opportunity to join Amazon’s world class technical teams, working with some of the best and brightest engineers while also developing your skills and furthering your career within one of the most innovative and progressive technology companies.
AWS Professional Services engages in a wide variety of cloud migration and cloud adoption projects for customers and partners, providing collective experience from across the AWS customer base. We’re obsessed about delivering strong success for our Customers – we collaborate across the entire AWS organization to bring access to product and service teams so we deliver the right solution and drive feature innovation based on customer needs.
We are looking for people that have:
– A strong understanding of large scale computing solutions across the full enterprise stack. The ideal candidate will be a hands-on technical expert and have past experience working as a consultant. With AWS, you will keep your existing technical skills honed and develop new ones as you lead architecture discussions and proof of concept buildouts for customers. You will regularly take part in deep-dive education and hands-on design exercises to create world-class cloud solutions built on AWS.
– A background of deep technical expertise supporting customers with cloud based data warehouse and big data analytics applications.
– An understanding of enterprise software development tools and methodologies, including typical enterprise application architectures and the ability to write code.
· A mix of advanced technology and strategic business acumen as well as a demonstrated ability to engage in senior level technology decision maker discussions related to the business value of AWS services and offerings.
· Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges.
Consultants travel 25-50% (as needed) to customer sites in the US. Travel is regional when possible.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
· B.S. in Computer Science or Information Systems, or equivalent degree and/or experience.
· 7+ years design/implementation/consulting experience with enterprise technologies in support of distributed and cloud based data analytics applications.
· Demonstrates hands-on technical skills in the following: data warehouses, data lakes, data modeling, batch and streaming ETL, metadata management, data governance and security, SQL, No-SQL, database and query performance optimization, columnar storage, big data processing, AI/ML, data visualization & reporting, data pipelines and workflow management
· Demonstrates experience with software development languages, tools and methodologies.
· Demonstrates experience presenting technical material to both technical and non-technical clients.
· Practical project delivery experience.
· AWS certification, or ability to get certified within three months of hire.
· Demonstrates experience in running complex projects.
· Experience building sophisticated and highly automated data ingestion and analytics infrastructure.
· Experience building and creating machine learning applications.
· High level of skill communicating effectively across internal and external organizations.
· Demonstrates ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly.
· Demonstrates ability to be comfortable speaking with executives, IT Management, and developers.
· Demonstrates ability to work in a diverse team.
· Demonstrates ability to invent and deliver innovative, impactful, and inspiring solutions
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
More jobs from our partners (8)
AppleAI/ML – Engineering Manager, Platform Services, Siri Data on22 November 2020Any
AmazonML Engineer, NLP and Search, Public Sector – AWS Professional Services on2 December 2020Any
AmazonSenior Machine Learning Engineer, Public Sector – AWS Professional Services on1 December 2020Any
AppleFull Stack Big Data Engineer- Apple Cloud Services on25 November 2020Any
AmazonSenior Machine Learning Engineer, Public Sector – AWS Professional Services on30 November 2020Any
AmazonSr. IoT Edge Data Scientist – AWS Professional Services on30 November 2020Any
Internal PostingsIT – Technical Test Lead | Data Services Testing | Big Data Testing on26 November 2020Contract