At Amazon, we’re working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. Amazon is one of the most recognizable brand names in the world and we distribute millions of products each year to our loyal customers.
Amazon is seeking a proven technology leader to lead development and testing of advanced automation technologies. The Technical Program Manager supports Robotics Engineering in the development and testing of Robotics/Mechatronics systems, Packaging Automation, Autonomous Vehicles and Sortation systems. This position requires the ability to innovate, analyze, schedule, plan, organize, implement, and manage processes and projects to maximize safe, economical, and effective use of materials, energy, and people.
Performance Objectives will consist of:
· Study, learn, and diagnose Amazon fulfillment operational processes, identify root causes and improvement opportunities, prescribe improvement strategies and guide the improvement effort.
· Manage processes that increase critical-to-quality (CTQ) business needs by improving integration of people, materials, equipment, software, and finance.
· Leading cross-functional teams of business and technical leaders to deliver impactful results at Amazon speed
· Recommending and implementing changes to product design, safety procedures, and work methods.
· Project and change management from conception to completion.
· Develop and manage project schedules to identify critical path and risks to optimize and accelerate development milestones.
· Writing clear documents. Evaluating, mitigating, and communicating project risk to Sr. leadership and stakeholders.
What is the impact you can expect to enjoy:
· Work on high impact projects at the leading edge of one of the world’s most innovative companies.
· Help Amazon meet the challenge of growth by designing simple and scalable solutions to complex problems.
· Work with operations leaders as part of the Amazon Robotics Engineering team to deliver trans-formative change.
· Bachelor’s degree in engineering or a related technical field
· 5+ years relevant work experience in project engineering/
· 5+ years work experience in engineering, product development or manufacturing with highly automated systems and robotics.
· Experience with integrating new systems into new and existing work environments.
· Experience with influencing, negotiating and communicating across multiple organization levels.
· Experience managing detailed schedules and cross functional teams to deliver products to production
· Excellent presentation and writing skills, dynamic approach with the ability to translate theory into practical application.
· Understanding of Microsoft Office products (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Visio, and MS Project), AutoCAD, and statistical analysis tools (JMP or Minitab, SAS, SPSS, R, etc.)
· Willing to travel, up to 30%
· 7+ years of project management experience
· PMP Certification
· Prototyping/testing lab experience
· Robotics, AGV, or automation experience
· Demonstrated skills leading and influencing global business partners
· Working knowledge of OSHA, CFR, RIA
· Working knowledge with analytical problem solving methodologies and programs
· Working knowledge of Analytical Problem solving tools including Statistical Hypothesis testing, Optimization heuristics, DMAIC, Six Sigma, Simulation, Queueing Analysis
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including comfort interfacing with site leaders.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation