Intuit is seeking a Staff Data Scientist to cover Intuit’s Consumer Group (TurboTax, Mint, Turbo). We have an exciting opportunity to help shape how we use data to generate hypotheses, surface insights, and build models in order to personalize customer experiences and provide awesome outcomes for the business and our customers. This role will partner closely with data engineering, data analytics, data science, marketing managers, and product management.What you’ll bring
- 7+ years of experience working in web, product, customer, care, or other related analytics fields. Ability to tell stories with data, educate effectively, and instill confidence, motivating stakeholders to act on recommendations.
- 5+ years applied data science/data modeling experience. Ability to Analyze large amounts of structured and unstructured data and determine suitability for modeling. Broad understanding and demonstrated history of applying various algorithms to business use cases to drive business and customer value.
- Strong modeling foundation – hands-on expertise with data mining and statistical modeling techniques such as clustering, classification, regression, tree-based methods, neural nets, support vector machines, anomaly detection, and natural language processing. Expertise with NLP is a plus.
- Expertise in modern advanced analytical tools and programming languages such as Python (highly preferred – will be used in this role), Scala, or R. Efficient in SQL, Hive, SparkSQL, etc.
- A great storyteller and communicator and can build relationships with a diverse set of stakeholders.
- Ability to manage projects end-to-end to meet objectives and deadlines.
- Outstanding communications skills with both technical and non-technical colleagues.
- MS in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Economics, Operations Research, or equivalent experience is preferred.
How you will lead
- Partner with cross-functional stakeholders to better understand our users and create a single, accurate view of a customer across businesses to make decisions about how best to acquire/retain them, segment, identify high potential value, and proactively interact with them.
- Help influence and prioritize the team’s backlog, and partner directly with business partners to effectively communicate prioritization and commitment to a co-owned and evolving product strategy.
- Own projects from the team’s backlog, and partner directly with business partners to effectively execute on a co-owned and evolving product strategy.
- Collect, analyze, and model available data to advance the customer analytics space and build a broad understanding of the Consumer Group’s customers and relevant customer segments.
- Pursue data quality, troubleshoot data validation, and see issues to resolution.
More jobs from our partners (855)
QualcommIntern Data Scientist – OneIT, Qualcomm, Cork, Ireland on28 October 2020Full Time
SpotifySenior Data Scientist – Growth Research & Strategy on28 October 2020Full Time