Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning Systems Development Manager
Are you passionate about leading a high-impact DevOps team?
If so we’d like to give you the opportunity to take a key role in the AWS Artificial Intelligence team. Join the DevOps team responsible for the artificial intelligence and machine learning products for specialized regions. Our Amazon Web Services teams are innovating new ways of building massively scalable distributed systems and delivering the next generation of cloud computing with AWS offerings like Polly, SageMaker, and Rekognition.
We hold high standards for our computer systems and the services we deliver to our customers: our systems are highly secure, highly reliable, highly available, all while functioning at massive scale; our employees are smart, passionate about the cloud, driven to serve customers, and fun to work with. Come help us build a state-of-the-art system!
A successful candidate will be a hands-on manager with an established background in developing and operating platforms and services, developing and hiring extraordinary talent, have strong technical ability, great communication skills, and a motivation to achieve results in a dynamic fast paced environment.
Your day-to-day responsibilities:
· Build a best-in-class engineering team that delivers excellent results
· Design and develop state-of-the-art approaches to solving complex and ambiguous problems
· Cultivate engineering and operational excellence through metrics and continuous learning
· Mentor and grow others to take on increasingly higher responsibilities
· Help raise the bar on technical excellence
· Show thought leadership
· Communicate proficiently and concisely to different audiences
This position requires that the candidate selected be a US Citizen and obtain and maintain an active TS/SCI security clearance with polygraph.
Position is open to Seattle, WA or Herndon, VA.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or similar field or equivalent work experience.
· At least 5 years of experience managing systems development and/or support efforts in an agile environment
· Success delivering products/services in a high-growth environment, exhibiting strong ability to identify and solve ambiguous customer-focused problems
· Ability to take raw product requirements and create software architectures and designs to bring them to life.
· Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to work successfully with teams across the organization
· Strong analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and opinion
· Experience with machine learning and artificial intelligence
· High attention to detail with proven ability to juggle multiple, competing priorities simultaneously and make things happen in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.View More