Here at NPS we have a simple set of values that sets out who we are as a company. We are:
Intelligent – we make the right choices
Involved – our enthusiasm creates energy
Innovative – we always ask what’s next
Our business is all about making lives safer, healthier, better managed and mobile
Our software underpins critical police, health, housing and local government services, ensuring delivery of the right data at the right time to protect and improve people’s lives.
We’re as committed to the positive social outcomes of our customers’ services as they are, which means we put people first. In the interfaces and systems we design, and the software support and development service we provide.
Across the world, billions of people every day rely on the services and benefits provided by their police, health services, housing and local government. Their home, welfare, wellbeing and security often depend on them.
We create and manage the software that connects people with these services. We design smart interfaces and data processes to ensure services are easy to use, always on, relevant, accurate and trusted.
Using internet, mobile and AI technology, we are designing new tools that maximise the positive experience people have of critical services, and helping to make sure they are safer, healthier, better managed, and able to organise their life on the go.
Working closely with our customers – the service providers – we define people’s needs today and in the future – and work intelligently to continuously improve our software products and data management.
Our software underpins the performance of our customers as they serve their customers. Our constant focus is making sure our software is stable, efficient, cost efficient and secure.
We’re proud of the role we play, improving people’s lives through dependable critical services. With a growing number of customers globally, we’re going to make a difference to millions of people more.
Based in the UK but working around the world, our 2,000 employees help improve the services that matter most.
We are now part of the NEC corporation, a leader in the integration of IT and network technologies that benefit businesses and people worldwide – this brings in new opportunities without limits for growth and innovation.
*Please note this is a home based role with limited UK travel*
The role of Technical Specialist (Mobile) is to provide expert technical guidance for all tasks and activities required to ensure a working, deployable CONNECT Mobile application; to ensure that all non functional and functional requirements relating to hardware and deployment are understood and have a practical implementation.
The candidate will have recent experience of, and / or responsibilities for:
* Development of a mobile application for Tablet and Smartphone sized devices
* Deployment of a mobile application in a secure and private cloud environment
* Deployment of mobile applications to windows / android / iOS OS device base, using a Mobile Device Manager (Airwatch or similar); Packaging strategies etc.
* Experience with using Cordova
* Device security integration (data encryption, user authentication etc)
* Integration to device capabilities: Camera, GPS etc.
* App memory and processor utilisation and testing approaches
* Working with solution and application architects to ensure that non functional requirements are clearly understood, specified and prioritised
* Working with the Product Owners to ensure Functional requirements can be met
* Working with test manager to ensure that non functional requirements are appropriately understood and tested
* Working with agile processes, especially Scrum
The Technical Specialist – Mobile will:
* Liaise with customer forces to help identify and help define non -functional and technically oriented requirements such as, but not limited to:
* Deployment of mobile applications to secure and provided cloud environments
* Deployment on Windows, Android and IOS devices.
* Integration with Mobile Device Manager (Airwatch or similar) where appropriate.
* Packaging strategies
* Integration of device capabilities: Camera, GPS etc,
* App memory and processor utilisation
* Work within an agile (Scrum) process to
* Refine stories helping to define technical approach
* Provide technical consultancy to scrum teams
* Help POs prioritize the backlog with a view to technical complexity and feasibility balancing functional and non-functional requirements.
* Work with solution and application architects to ensure that
* Functional requirements have appropriate technical solutions
* non functional requirements are clearly understood, specified and prioritised
* Work with test manager to ensure that non functional requirements are appropriately understood and tested
Previous experience of the following technologies would be beneficial:
* Containerisation tools – Docker / Ansible
Employees of Northgate Public Services are entitled to the following benefits:
Single Private Medical Cover (with the option to select family cover at an additional cost)
25 days paid holiday with the option to buy/ sell 5 days
4 x basic salary life assurance cover
A Group Pension Plan with fantastic employer contributions
A selection of tax efficient flexible benefits to suit your individual needs
Candidates must be able to demonstrate a pre-existing right to work and travel within the EU. Documentary evidence will be required.
All offers are subject to satisfactory vetting and reference checks. Depending on the nature of the role a Data Barring Service (DBS) check may also be required. Must have or be able to gain NPPV or SC security clearance
Northgate Public Services is an equal opportunities employer, welcoming applications from all communities