Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 50 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients.
The Global Trading department is seeking to recruit a Trading Data Analyst to work on our Trading Data & Analytics team in Boston.
Wellington Management’s Trading Department employs over 60 traders globally and operates in specialized teams according to sectors, regions and products. Our investment and trading activities are conducted on an industry- leading internally-developed software platform, which we believe creates a meaningful competitive advantage. We are supported by an in-house team of managers and analysts, who oversee the “business” of the department and provide in-depth, action-oriented insights into our trading capabilities and activities.
- Partnering with traders and trading management to improve overall execution results through innovation, enhanced decision-making tools and documentation;
- Collaborating with our investment science team to design a Transaction Cost Analysis (TCA) framework for Global Trading that can support our client reporting, best execution, trader insight and supervisory needs;
- Working with trading technology, external vendors, and the dealer community on producing a high-quality data environment surrounding the life cycle of a trade across various asset class types (equities, fixed income, FX, derivatives);
- Performing electronic trading platform due diligence and management of vendor relationships; and
- Understanding market structure trends and how to evolve our electronic trading strategy
- Personal qualities and values that are consistent with, and would be additive to, Wellington Management’s culture;
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently under tight deadlines and other pressures;
- Proven organizational and communication skills with an emphasis on accuracy, concision and timeliness;
- Strong analytical aptitude and ability to perform deep-dive data analysis as well as high level strategic thinking;
- Demonstrable evidence of analyzing/documenting complex business processes and translating those into business requirements;
- Working knowledge of quantitative tools and technologies used for TCA, order execution and risk management;
- Experience in trading workflows and data management, preferably in Fixed Income;
- Ability to code in SQL, Python, R or MATLAB will be viewed favorably;
- Experience with data visualization software, preferably Tableau
- A minimum 5-7 years relevant work experience in the financial services industry; and
- Strong academic credentials; a Bachelor’s degree is required; a graduate degree and/or professional coursework/certifications (or progress toward) would be additive.
Trading Data Analyst
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management considers all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at .