Talent Orchard LLC
Company Type: Privately Held
UI/UX (User Interface/User Experience) Developer
Arlington/Rosslyn, VA area
US Citizenship Required
Would designing and implementing AI and ML as part of a solution to safeguard the U.S. through the Department of Homeland Security excite you?
Would you like to play a key role in the creation of the Fraud Detection system for U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services?
If so, then we have a great opportunity for you!
Talent Orchard LLC, a boutique workforce solutions company, has been engaged by a strategic solutions firm serving customers in the US Government to assist in their search to identify an experienced UI/UX Develoepr for a newly awarded agile software development services program with USCIS. This work is in support of the Fraud Division to identify discrepancies within applications for immigration and citizenship in the U.S. This will be a heavy data intensive project with emphasis on analytics, mining through an initiative to advance services and technologies using artificial intelligence and machine learning to integrate records and systems. The UI/UX Developer will be a key member of a cross-disciplinary team to deliver a minimum viable product to USCIS that integrates machine learning approaches to enable adaptive/intelligent software in a comprehensive software development, security and operations (DevSecOps) environment.
As a UI/UX Developer Your Responsibilities Will Include
- Work collaboratively on agile DEVSECOPS software teams to create innovative applications.
- Provide support in the areas of tailored script development and frameworks, ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) manipulations, database operations, front-end design (content, layout, and interaction), and data visualizations using a combination of skills and experiences.
- Understand the product owner’s vision for the product, as well as the business processes and user needs that the product supports.
- Design and conduct user research and testing, leveraging human centered design and design thinking practices.
- Interpret user research and translate insights into interactive solution designs, drawing from UI/UX best practices to create digital and non-digital prototypes of varying fidelities.
- Propose a technically feasible application design (both functional and visual) for the product, adhering to applicable Section 508 requirements.
- Progressively test the UI/UX design with the team and end users in research/feedback sessions and incorporate user feedback into the revised design.
- Draw from visual design principles to create compelling visual artifacts and communication tools that fit the project, whether it be personas, journey maps, service blueprints, wireframes, or prototypes.
- Create and maintain detailed user-interface specifications, design patterns, libraries, and design systems
- Create and manage documentation and final production of all designs and assets.
- Assist in the drafting of project specific documentation.
- Assist in the development of application functional documentation, including technical specs document, technical data sheets, operational manuals, and training materials.
- Ability to clearly communicate design decisions, tell compelling stories, and deliver concise presentations.
To be successful in this role, your background will include the following;
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DHS Suitability clearance.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical or business discipline or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of experience with software design, development, and testing using Agile methodologies.
- 5+ years of experience with UI/UX and other “front-end” development and design including user testing and test-driven development.
- Experience with the following web frameworks: Node.js, React.js, Redux, Angular.js, and Bootstrap.js.
- Experience with document-based or graph-based NoSQL databases as well as relational databases (RDBMS) to include design and normalization.
- Experience with data ingestion a variety of sources leveraging standards-based interfaces such as SOAP/REST web services.
- Proficiency with current design and collaboration tools (Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, AdobeXD, Figma, InVision, etc.).
- Visual design expertise demonstrated through UI and style guides
- Experience integrating with Cloud-based services such as AWS and Azure.
- Experience with software configuration management methods and tools, including Git or Jira.
- Experience with best practices/techniques in visual design, user research, UI design (web and mobile), UX design (usability, designing for accessibility, etc.), and user testing (quantitative and qualitative methodologies.
- Experience with Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) to present concepts, ideas, and results to team members and clients.
- Experience with charting libraries (or equivalents): D3.js, Chart.js, Highcharts, Plotly.js, Vis.js.
- Familiarity with metadata extraction technologies such as GROBID or Apache Tika.
- Familiarity with Big Data Workflow/Pipeline technologies such as Apache NiFi.
- Active DHS Public Trust clearance
Established in 2010, Talent Orchard has an exceptional reputation, providing staffing solutions to time-sensitive, talent scarcity issues to deliver better talent management ROI. Our specialty lies in the critical area of program talent acquisition and resource management, not in one narrow skillset, but across many areas of technical and functional delivery. To learn more about our other exciting opportunities, visit our Jobs Page at www.talentorchard.com.