About this role
BlackRock is a leader in investment management, risk management and advisory services for institutional and retail clients worldwide! As of July 17, 2020, BlackRock’s AUM was $7.3 trillion, making it the largest asset manager globally. BlackRock helps clients meet their goals and overcome challenges with a range of products that include separate accounts, mutual funds, iShares (exchange-traded funds), and other pooled investment vehicles. BlackRock also offers risk management, advisory and enterprise investment system services to a broad base of institutional investors through BlackRock Solutions. Headquartered in New York City, the firm has approximately 16,000 employees in more than 30 countries and a major presence in key global markets, including North and South America, Europe, Asia, Australia, the Middle East and Africa!
The role sits in Tech & Ops within BlackRock Data Solution, which is a centralized user support group who support Aladdin client and BlackRock Internal user services that covers Aladdin data of fixed income, equity, and alternatives products. The chapter helps our clients and portfolio managers better understand their portfolio exposures, strategy, and risk &returns. User Support Team consists of specialists experienced in four primary modules – Reporting & Platform Configuration, Interface and Platform Configuration, Risk and Return modules. In addition, the team works with Business, Technology and Data & AI partners to extend and evolve the data platform. We are a fast paced and meaningful environment with team members who all share an interest in FinTech.
- Have a good understanding of Fixed Income, Equity, Derivatives and Alternatives products and how they are modeled and traded in Aladdin.
- Use technical skills to ensure the accuracy of large analytical data sets, automate processes with scripts and macros and efficiently query information from a vast database.
- Exhibit attention to detail when quality checking Green Package analytics and be accountable for the timely delivery of reports to our clients in accordance with Service Level Agreements.
- Engage in meetings with end-users of the Green Package product from all levels within the company from Portfolio and Risk Managers to Operations teams and also with our external Clients.
- Support client/user requests related to the Green Package analytics.
- Be a ‘Student of the Markets’ by following the global markets daily to understand how macro-economic factors can affect the Green Package analytics and portfolios management’s risk and investment decisions.
- Project work: engaging with other internal teams to think creatively and deliver innovative solutions to our sophisticated client demands.
- Show desire to work in a constantly evolving, changing and exciting environment.
- Excellent problem-solving and critical-thinking skills and an ability to identify problems, design and articulate solutions and implement change.
- Knowledge of financial products in Fixed Income, Equities and Derivatives, and familiarity with Risk analytics such as Durations, Spread, Beta and VaR would be an advantage.
- Must possess strong verbal and written communication skills and be able to develop good working collaborations with partners.
- Technical skills (SQL, UNIX, Python and PERL) are preferred but not vital.
- Must be detail orientated, possess initiative and work well under pressure.
- Degree in Finance, Engineering or Technology would be preferred.
- Given that the nature of this role is Finance and Technology (FinTech) centric, we would like candidates who demonstrate an aptitude for learning these aspects of the job.
- You will gain exposure to working directly with our partners such as Portfolio Management Group, Risk & Quantitative Analysis, Client Reporting Teams and BlackRock Solutions Aladdin Clients.
- You will develop knowledge on the constantly evolving Aladdin investment technology, improve on their finance knowledge and technical skills.
- Candidate will have the opportunity to participate in projects that will push them to think creatively in order to seek numerous sophisticated issues.
- Travel : No
- Direct Reports: No
- Licenses: No
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer-M/F/D/V.
BlackRock’s purpose is to help more and more people experience financial well-being.As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals.As of June 30, 2020, the firm managed approximately $7.32 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com/corporate | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.View More
More jobs from our partners (980)
AmazonSenior Software Development Engineer – Alexa Machine Learning on24 October 2020Any
DeloitteArtificial Intelligence (Full Stack Developer), Senior Consultant – Applied Artificial Intelligence on24 October 2020Any
AppleAI/ML Infrastructure Engineer for Machine Learning Systems on24 October 2020Any