Amazon Web Services (AWS) is seeking a talented and passionate user experience designer to join our growing design and research studio. This user experience designer will have a significant impact on our business as they contribute to the design direction for SageMaker Ground Truth, a fully managed data labeling service that makes it easy to build highly accurate training datasets for machine learning.
AWS provides a highly reliable, scalable, low-cost infrastructure platform in the cloud that powers hundreds of thousands of businesses in 190 countries around the world. AWS UX Design and Research works to enable our users, from Netflix to your next-door neighbor, to harness the power of the cloud. If you want to work on some of the world’s biggest design challenges, and make tools that builders will use to create the great products of tomorrow, join our team.
We care about your career growth too. Once you join the team, you and your manager will jointly craft a career plan and you’ll review it regularly to ensure you’re on track to meet your goals. Whether your goals are to explore new technologies, take on bigger opportunities, or get to the next level, we’ll help you get there. Our business is growing fast and our people will grow with it.
· Contribute to the design of useful, usable, and desirable products in a team environment.
· Understand customers and their needs through market analysis, customer research, and feedback.
· Use business requirements to assist in developing use cases and high-level requirements.
· Design the architecture, interface, and interaction flow of services and experiences.
· Develop personas, customer journey maps, conceptual diagrams, wireframes, and prototypes.
· Facilitate the design process, present and iterate design solutions.
· Chart a course for yourself in ambiguous situations. Mentor and assist junior designers and interns.
· 5+ years of industry experience as a user experience designer, interaction designer, information architect, or similar design-related role.
· 3+ years experience working in direct collaboration with product leadership, development managers, and cross-functional stakeholders.
· 3+ years experience creating prototypes or wire-frames for complex web applications and/or workflows.
· An online portfolio demonstrating samples of design deliverables (personas, journey maps, wireframes, and prototypes) is required to apply for this role.
· Bachelor’s degree or commensurate experience.
· Fluency in best practices for information architecture and design, as well as strong knowledge of usability principles and techniques.
· Demonstrated history of acquiring user data (e.g., conducting usability studies, performing user research) and creating personas and journey maps..
· Experience with UX design for complex workflows for technical customers.
· Experience working with stakeholders to plan and execute programs that are strategic in nature.
· Experience owning large-scale projects, communicating timelines, and executing independently.
· Experience designing and prototyping with tools such as Sketch, InVision, Photoshop, Illustrator, or similar.
· Bachelor or Master’s degree in design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or equivalent degree.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age