We are looking for a seasoned expert to lead Data Science and Experimentation. This includes owning the platforms, infrastructure, vision, thought leadership, and implementation of Data Science in our product, experiences, and business – including, but not limited to, Search Ranking, Recommendations, Personalization, Image Classification, and Performance Optimization. You will also be responsible for the A/B testing experimentation infrastructure, organization, and implementation.
What will you do
- Develop and drive a creative vision for applying artificial intelligence scalably to make buying, selling, and living in homes easier and more rewarding for everyone
- Own the short term and long term vision for the team.
- Leadership for the Data Science and A/B Testing teams and cross functionally.
- Form a short term and long term vision for the team, share the vision with stakeholders for alignment, and drive the team towards the vision.
- Partner effectively with product and engineering teams to build new data driven and scalable machine learning or artificial intelligence based features to help consumers with their mission and drive business results.
- Play an active role in the development of business strategy and evaluation of new opportunities, and influence partners and stakeholders.
- Work with technology teams to ensure we have rich and high quality data to make our data science efforts most successful.
- Create automated learning systems that naturally scale to increasing complexity and expectations.
- Create visualizations and presentations to communicate acquired insights and results of A/B tests for executive level audience as well as broader organization.
- Build and grow the data science team by providing team members with guidance, mentorship, technical assistance, and feedback.
- Oversee research, prototyping, and implementation of models and algorithms. Prioritize and assign work and drive accountability for delivery of results.
- Build relationships with the academic world to support our research and hiring efforts, and represent Company at relevant conferences.
What will you bring
- MS or PhD in statistics, mathematics, operations research, computer science, economics, or a related discipline required.
- 12+ years of relevant experience in data science or related role, and 3+ years of experience in leading teams focused on data science efforts required.
- Must have experience with machine learning, NLP, neural networks, decision trees, SVMs, supervised/unsupervised learning, and taking efforts from ideation and research to production quality features.
- Must have experience in working with technologies like R, Python, Spark, Scala, Hive/Hadoop, AWS for fast, large scale analysis of numerical, textual, visual data.
- Experience in applying data science approach to problems in areas like search, recommendations, personalization, customer segmentation, conversion growth to build effective, scalable solutions required.
- Superior relationship building and communication skills to educate and influence executives and cross-functional stakeholders.
- Ability to deeply understand business needs and influence strategy, and strong problem solving skills.
- Experience driving large cross-organizational projects with technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Must have the ability to mentor, motivate and lead a team of data scientists to drive results for the company.
- Prior experience with leading companies in the ecommerce industry is a plus.