Mid sized business
151 to 200 Employees
Affinity is on a mission to help everyone in the world succeed by cultivating and harnessing the power of their network. We’ve got a lot left to build, and we’re growing fast. As we grow, we’re looking for a Data Scientist to analyze large amounts of raw information to find insights and patterns that will help improve our company. We will rely on you to lead the building of data products to extract valuable business insights, with support from engineering and other functions within the company.Your goal will be to help our company use data to make better decisions.
What you’ll be doing
- Identify valuable data sources and automate collection processes
- Undertake preprocessing of structured and unstructured data
- Analyze large amounts of information to discover trends and patterns
- Identify KPIs and create company dashboards that help us track the health of our business
- Present information using data visualization techniques
- Propose solutions and strategies to business challenges based on findings from data analysis
- Collaborate with engineering and product development teams
- Where beneficial to the business, build predictive models and machine-learning algorithms
We’d love to hear from you if you have:
- Proven experience as a Data Scientist or Data Analyst
- Exceptional SQL skills
- Experience in data mining
- Experience using business intelligence tools (e.g. Tableau, Amplitude) and data frameworks (e.g. Hadoop)
- Understanding of machine-learning and operations research
- Knowledge of R, Python is an asset
- Analytical mind and business acumen
- Problem-solving aptitude
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
A BIT ABOUT US
Relationships are the backbone of the world’s most valuable industries—from sales and business development to finance and philanthropy. But the tools used today to manage those relationships are broken. Actionable context remains locked away in the email and calendar streams of coworkers and colleagues, and no one has the time to analyze or organize this exponentially growing trail of data.
Affinity ingests and analyzes this massive communications data stream and uses it to power our platform, which helps our customers understand, manage, and leverage their networks more effectively.
We’ve raised over $40M, and in the past two years, we’ve gone from zero to hundreds of customers, including some of the world’s most well-known financial firms and Fortune 500 companies. We’re growing fast and we’ve got a lot left to build.
Some of our core technologies are Ruby, PostgreSQL, TypeScript, React, React Native, and Redux. On the infrastructure side, we make extensive use of AWS, Kubernetes, and Terraform.
We love learning and teaching, and we’re happy to bring on strong engineering leaders whether or not they have experience with these particular tools.
ALL ARE WELCOME
The more diverse our team is, the more we’ll be able to learn from each other, and the better our company and our product will be. Whatever your gender, race, sexual orientation, religion, age, veteran status, favorite Spotify playlist, or social, cultural, and economic background, we can’t wait to welcome you to Affinity!
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.